[ERROR] - Unable to find type 'com.github.gwtbootstrap.client.BootstrapDemo' ?

John Russell

Apr 11, 2012, 5:32:04 PM4/11/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com

I believe your guy's latest snapshot, gwt-bootstrap-2.0.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, points to an entrypoint class that doesn't exit.

In Bootstrap.gwt.xml, you list your entry point class to be:  <entry-point class='com.github.gwtbootstrap.client.BootstrapDemo' />

However, navigating to that directory reveals only:  com.github.gwtbootstrap.client.Bootstrap.class

Is this right?  I think this path needs to change.  Thanks for all your work guys, this thing rocks.

Dominik Mayer

Apr 11, 2012, 5:53:33 PM4/11/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback, John. Until the jar is updated, the best thing is probably to use the code (zip or git clone).

Keisuke, do you know how this happened? Is the build process somehow using /src/main/resources/com/github/gwtbootstrap/Bootstrap.gwt.xml instead of /src/main/java...? Actually we should only have one file, shouldn't we?

Dominik Mayer

Apr 11, 2012, 5:56:21 PM4/11/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com

大橋啓介

Apr 11, 2012, 9:19:42 PM4/11/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys.
Just a moment.
I'll check it.
Please give me some hours.

@John
Your rabbit picture is so cute. :)

大橋啓介

Apr 11, 2012, 9:52:14 PM4/11/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
Oh...
I didn't know that there is src/main/resources/~/Bootstrap.gwt.xml.

Um...

> Dominik
I think maybe we should move or rename or remove it.
On Maven build process.
In my memory,Maven run the build process in the following order.

compile > source add > resources copy

Maybe Maven overwrites src/main/java/~/Bootstrap.gwt.xml to
src/main/resources/~/Bootstrap.gwt.xml.

Right now,we have BootstrapDemo.gwt.xml.That's same as
src/main/resources/~/Bootstrap.gwt.xml.
I think we can check our code by BootstrapDemo.gwt.xml.

Other one.
Maybe we don't have to include demo codes to our jars.
If so,we have to move demo codes to other directory like a showcase.

If we want to leave it as current state and excludes it on build process,
maybe it's difficult a little.

How do you think?

Dominik Mayer

Apr 12, 2012, 4:02:40 AM4/12/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
I don't mind moving the demo.

2012/4/12 大橋啓介 <k-oh...@bfts.co.jp>

Dominik Mayer

大橋啓介

Apr 12, 2012, 4:12:51 AM4/12/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
OK!
but right now,I can't work for it.

Please wait few hours.
I'll move demo sources and set up pom.xml. ;-)
and It finish,I'll upload jars to github download page.

Dominik Mayer

Apr 12, 2012, 4:18:39 AM4/12/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
No problem. I'm quite busy these days too...

大橋啓介

Apr 12, 2012, 4:21:39 AM4/12/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks dominik. :)

Dominik Mayer

Apr 12, 2012, 4:22:26 AM4/12/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for fixing this :-).

2012/4/12 大橋啓介 <k-oh...@bfts.co.jp>
Thanks dominik. :)

大橋啓介

Apr 12, 2012, 4:41:42 AM4/12/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
P.S.
I think,maybe we don't use src/main/resources/**/Bootstrap.gwt.xml.
maybe right now,we use BootstrapDemo.gwt.xml for checking our code.
I'll delete it.
and for emergency measure,I modify it to same as
src/main/java/**/Bootstrap.gwt.xml.

大橋啓介

Apr 12, 2012, 8:07:03 AM4/12/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com

Andreas007

Jan 20, 2013, 1:09:05 PM1/20/13
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
I used the latest version of the package, but still cannot launch the project. The following error arises:

  src.main.resources.com.geekvigarista.gwt.bootstrap.Bootstrap
      [ERROR] Unable to find 'src/main/resources/com/geekvigarista/gwt/bootstrap/Bootstrap.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
[ERROR] shell failed in doStartup method

Could you please investigate it?