Getting gwt-bootstrap working with ANT

Chris Socha

Mar 28, 2013, 8:29:02 AM3/28/13
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
Morning all,

I was wondering how I might get gwt-bootstrap working with an ANT buildscript.

I am using a slightly modified version of the build.xml produced by GWT's webAppCreator (see: https://gist.github.com/cs2309/72247ddebe4bea2b96f8)

So far I have downloaded gwt-bootstrap-2.2.1.0-20130321.211055-27.jar from https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/com/github/gwtbootstrap/gwt-bootstrap/2.2.1.0-SNAPSHOT/, and added it to a lib/ folder. I wrote a small test that uses a FluidContainer, but am getting the following errors when running in devmode:

com.google.gwt.event.shared.UmbrellaException: Exception caught: Exception caught: Exception caught: Unresolved compilation problems:

The import com.github cannot be resolved

FluidContainer cannot be resolved to a type

FluidContainer cannot be resolved to a type

Any help would be appreciated; I don't fully understand the GWT compilation process.

Thanks,
Chris Socha

Steve Baber

Apr 16, 2013, 7:19:20 AM4/16/13
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
Are you inheriting the bootstrap modules?  In your gwt.xml file you need to add:

    <inherits name="com.github.gwtbootstrap.Bootstrap" />
    <inherits name="com.github.gwtbootstrap.datetimepicker.Datetimepicker" />

First one adds main bootstrap
Second one adds the customer datetime picker component.

Of course, basic ant rules apply,
you must have the jar on the classpath for compiling and running junit.