Final Merge Candidate

halfof...@gmail.com

May 30, 2013, 8:45:07 PM5/30/13
to gwen-...@googlegroups.com
Attached is the final patch file and a massive changelog.
I will hold off on further changes until this patch gets applied.
Hopefully this demonstrates my abilities and potential contributions to the project, and I can be made a commiter soon.

Pasted below is a copy of the full change log, for convenience:

Full Change Log:
Added ignore for .suo files
Added ignore for bin and obj folders
Target platform changes:
Removed x86 and x64 platforms
Added Any CPU platform
Any CPU will pick either x86 or x64 depending on what archetecture the calling exe is, this means we only need to distribute one DLL for both platforms
Added Binaries folder
Should include the release binaries that reflect what is checked in.
This is for end-user convenience
The post-build event for each project automatically copies their DLL to this directory.
Gwen.Renderer.OpenTK\Renderer\OpenTK.cs:
Ensured that m_LastTextureID matched the currently binded texture
Restored the previously bound texture when creating a new texture from raw data (fixes several bugs)
Elaborated on PixelColor time waste comment
Gwen.Renderer.SFML\Input\SFML.cs:
Removed warning by commenting out return statement after an exception that is thrown
Gwen.Sample.Tao\GLForm.cs:
Ensured that Keyboard and Mouse input was enabled
Added apropriate events to call keyboard and mouse input events for gwen
It currently compiles and sort of works, but needs a bunch of work to make more usable and less icky
Gwen.UnitTest\ColorPicker.cs:
Added a unit test for a color picker in a window (was causing graphical bugs, which are fixed now).
Labeled unit tests.
Gwen.UnitTest\ComboBox.cs:
Fixed unit test label for the combobox that tests lots of entries
Added unit tests for changing the selected item in a combo box in code
Gwen.UnitTest\Docking.cs:
Fixed RadioButtonGroup constructor to match new standard constructor fix
Gwen.UnitTest\ListBox.cs:
Added unit tests for changing the selected item in a list box in code
Gwen.UnitTest\Properties.cs:
Changes spelling of 'Colour' to 'Color'. The spelling we display to the user should be consistent.
Gwen.UnitTest\RadioButton.cs:
Changed Radiobuttongroup constructor to match new standard constructor
Gwen.UnitTest\TabControl.cs:
Changed Radiobuttongroup constructor to match new standard constructor
Gwen.UnitTest\TextBox.cs:
Added unit test for TextBoxMultiline.
Gwen.UnitTest\Window.cs:
Fixed 'window.Caption' to match the new 'window.Title'
Gwen\Control\Base.cs:
Made Disable() virtual
Added "FitChildrenToSize()" that will move the children in a control to fit inside the bounds of their parent. This needs a bit of work.
Gwen\Control\ComboBox.cs:
Added setter for the SelectedItem.
Added third optional parameter for AddItem to set the item's UserData.
Disable will now close the combobox.
Items can now only be selected if the ComboBox isn't disabled.
The combobox can now only be opened if it isn't disabled.
Added ability to change the selected item in the code by Text, Name, or UserData. All three are for End-User convenience.
Gwen\Control\HSVColorPicker.cs:
Removed 'What in the FUCK' comment, elaborated on addressed issue.
Gwen\Control\ImagePanel.cs:
Clicking on an image triggers a click event for the user to handle, like most other controls.
Gwen\Control\Label.cs:
Made private member m_Text protected.
Gwen\Control\LabeledRadioButton.cs:
Made the text center vertically instead of bottom. This just looks better.
Gwen\Control\Table.cs:
Made "if (conditional) return" a single line, it just looked better.
Gwen\Control\ListBox.cs:
Made m_SelectedRows a collection of ListBoxRow instead of TableRow.
Added ability to set the selected row in code.
Added ability to remove all rows in code.
Added ability to set user data for a new added row.
Added ability to select a row by either Text, Name, or UserData.
Gwen\Control\Property\Color.cs:
Added missing '}'.
Gwen\Control\RadioButtonGroup.cs:
Changed constructor signature to match every other control. This is to avoid end-user confusion, and ensure a consistent standard.
Gwen\Control\ResizableControl.cs:
Made DisableResizing() virtual.
Gwen\Control\ScrollControl.cs:
Exposed the VerticalScroll and HorizontalScroll amount.
Exposed the inner panel.
Changed 'if null == value' to 'if value == null', just looks better.
Gwen\Control\TextBox.cs:
Formatted code.
Gwen\Control\TextBoxMultiline.cs:
Added. Unstable work in progress.
Gwen\Control\WindowControl.cs:
Renamed 'Caption' to 'Title'.
Added ability to toggle the if the control is hidden or not.
Fixed padding for the title bar.
Removed old commented out code.
Fixed ability to disable the resizing of the control.
Added ability close the window in code.
Gwen\ControlInternal\Text.cs:
Made a few functions more modular for multiline text boxes.
Gwen\Skin\Texturing\Bordered.cs:
Changed some spaces to tabs.
HalfOfAStapleV3.changelog
HalfOfAStapleV3.patch

omeg

Jun 1, 2013, 7:02:36 AM6/1/13
to gwen-...@googlegroups.com
Nice work! I'll try to review it over the weekend.

Robin Haudenhuyse

Jun 1, 2013, 2:21:45 PM6/1/13
to gwen-...@googlegroups.com
For me It's ok. I see you fixed some hard to find problems with the color picker :-)

Also maybe we should agree on a coding standard (tabs vs spaces, '{' placement).
Once we decide on that we could apply it on the whole code base at once using some tool. (If you know how plz let me know)

Robin Haudenhuyse

Jun 1, 2013, 2:31:01 PM6/1/13
to gwen-...@googlegroups.com
Also I wonder if people are still using Tao ?
The unittest seems to crash on my pc.

Does it make sense to remove it ?

Nicholas Rodine

Jun 2, 2013, 10:46:19 AM6/2/13
to Robin Haudenhuyse, gwen-...@googlegroups.com

Color picker took longer to fix than I'd like to admit.

We do need a standard,  we can do another groups discussion on it. just push ctrl+e,  d in VS2010 with the file open to auto format my codes to your settings, but that only works on one file at a time.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "gwen-dotnet" group.

omeg

Jun 4, 2013, 7:10:05 AM6/4/13
to gwen-...@googlegroups.com, Robin Haudenhuyse
Nicholas, you're now added as a commiter. I see Robin already merged your patch, I'm slow. :)
As for formatting, I've tried to stick to default VS formatting (I have Resharper so that might've changed some things).

Nicholas Rodine

Jun 4, 2013, 8:05:26 AM6/4/13
to Rafał Wojdyła, Robin Haudenhuyse, gwen-...@googlegroups.com

Awesome. I'll start making more improvements soon.