IE bug

Zachary Joyce

Feb 15, 2018, 5:18:56 PM2/15/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello! I recently used GWD to edit an existing banner which previously worked fine and passed QA, but now the animation and certain links won't work in IE it is an expandable banner and when expanded I get this error "Unable to get property 'remove' of undefined or null reference"  it seems to be coming from the gwdpage_min.js code.  I think it is because you are using element.classlist which is not well supported in IE.  Any solution?

San Khong

Feb 15, 2018, 5:37:46 PM2/15/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Zachary,

Which version of IE are you seeing this issue on? Can you please share your author file with us? Open the file in Google Web Designer, select File > Save as zip...Upload the zip to Drive and share it with us either here or to gwd-s...@google.com.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team

hd.ale...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2018, 5:00:47 AM3/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Zachary,

as i'm encountering the same problem i'm wondering if your problem got soleved.

Thank you.
Alex

hd.ale...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2018, 6:51:30 AM3/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Zachary,

as i'm encountering the same problem i'm wondering if your problem got solved.

Thank you.
Alex

Zachary Joyce

Mar 13, 2018, 10:58:42 AM3/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hey Alex

This issue turned out to only effect expandable banners for us. The problem was coming from the gwdpagedeck_min.js script, due to how IE deals with the classlist method.  I had to search for the gwdpagedeck_min.js code block in the published banner and add the following:

  1. if (!Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(Element.prototype,'classList')){
  2.     if (HTMLElement&&Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(HTMLElement.prototype,'classList')){
  3.         Object.defineProperty(Element.prototype,'classList',Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(HTMLElement.prototype,'classList'));
  4.     }
  5. }

Add it directly after 'use strict';

so to review:

so 1.open index.html in your favorite text editor, 2.search for gwdpagedeck_min.js, 3. add above code after the 'use strict'; in the gwdpagedeck_min.js code block.

San Khong

Mar 21, 2018, 12:21:00 PM3/21/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Thank you for reporting the issue to us. It has been fixed in the latest update 3.0.1.0319. You will need to re-publish your file to get the fix.