No templates?

sab...@droga5.com

Feb 15, 2017, 12:30:22 PM2/15/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Trying to play with one of the Lightbox templates, and none are showing up in GWD. See attached. Any suggestions?
Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 12.26.38 PM.png

San Khong

Feb 15, 2017, 1:06:05 PM2/15/17
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Please try the following to force the templates to be downloaded again:

  1. Quit Google Web Designer.
  2. Do one of the following to delete the manifest file:
    • Run this command in Terminal:
      rm ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Web\ Designer/webapp/gwdtemplates/manifest.json
    • Or click on Finder, select the Go menu, hold down the Option key and select Library, then browse to Application Support/Google Web Designer/webapp/gwdtemplates and delete manifest.json
  3. Re-launch Google Web Designer.

If you are on Windows, delete the following folder and launch GWD again: C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Local\Google\Google Web Designer\webapp\gwdtemplates

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team

William Dockens

Jul 12, 2017, 6:33:48 AM7/12/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi !
 I tried following those steps for windows seven, but the template file can not be found.  When I opened it, the template file was empty. Since I'm sitting on a corporate VPN network, might that have anything to do with that the program can not download all assets that are needed in this case the template?

with regards William

San Khong

Jul 12, 2017, 12:36:51 PM7/12/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi William,

Is your machine controlled by a system admin at work? Do you know if they need to whitelist any URL? It's possible that to support Google Web Designer, they whitelisted https://www.gstatic.com/ninja/beta. Starting in 1.8.0 release that we launched in May of this year, we decoupled the templates from the web app so the templates are stored in https://www.gstatic.com/ninja/templates instead and this URL will also need to be whitelisted too in some network configuration.

San Khong

Jan 17, 2018, 5:33:29 PM1/17/18
to Google Web Designer beta
We have just released an update, 2.0.4.0112 that should fix the issue with templates not loading when user's Documents on the network drive.

Note: There is still an issue with saving a file as a template when the user's Documents directory is on a network drive. As a workaround, select Edit > Preferences and change the location for My Templates to a local file path.

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.