Web Fonts (@font-face) not working in Firefox

Justin Benoit

Sep 18, 2015, 2:40:49 PM9/18/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Web fonts are working in the other browsers, but I can't get them to display in Firefox. I've read that Firefox can be picky about quotation marks, but GWD keeps stripping them out of my code.

If I write this:

@font-face {
      font-family: 'FontName';
      src: url("FontName.woff") format('woff'), url("FontName.eot") format('embedded-opentype');
      font-weight: normal;
      font-style: normal;
    }

GWD changes the code to:

@font-face {
      font-family: FontName;
      src: url("FontName.woff") format(woff), url("FontName.eot") format(embedded-opentype);
      font-weight: normal;
      font-style: normal;
    }

Could this be preventing Firefox from displaying fonts correctly?

j...@desertdigital.com.au

Sep 30, 2015, 3:48:01 AM9/30/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Yes. This is the reason

San Khong

Oct 5, 2015, 12:44:26 PM10/5/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Justin,

Thanks for reporting the issue.  It's a known issue in Google Web Designer and we're working on a fix for it.  In the mean time, please open the published file, index.html, and add the quotation marks back in so Firefox can display the font correctly.  Sorry about this.  We're hoping this can be fixed in our next release.

San
GWD Team