Won't preview or Publish

tabcor...@gmail.com

May 31, 2016, 8:22:46 PM5/31/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi There,

My file won't Preview or Publish. When clicking either button the pop up dialog box doesn't appear. There is no error message or anything to give a hint as to what is wrong.

I've cleared the GWD cache and also copied and pasted the code into a new file and it still won't publish. I've also asked another designer to see if they can publish using their GWD version but it still doesn't work... so guessing it may be code related.

Can you suggest other checks/fixes?

thanks
Priscilla

Google Web Designer beta

Jun 1, 2016, 12:43:57 PM6/1/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Priscilla,

Is your file created in previous version of GWD? Can you create a brand new file in GWD (do not copy and paste the codes from old file, just create simple content like divs and images) and preview/publish it and see if same problem happens to a brand new file?

Can we also take a look at your files? Please zip up the source files and attach to this post or simply send it to gwd-s...@google.com.

Thanks,
Emily
(GWD Team)

tabcor...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2016, 7:24:06 PM6/1/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Emily,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried creating a new file in GWD and yes it publishes fine.

Attached are two zips.

The 'backup' is the first version I worked with and it initially did preview which is why you see the preview folder.

The 2nd zip is where I created a new file and imported all the assets and code again... but didn't preview/publish.

The version I'm using is Beta Release V:1.6.0.0429

Thanks!

Priscilla

J000907_TAB_Euros_Multiplier_expanding_970x31_backup.zip
J000907_TAB_Euros_Multiplier_expanding_970x31.zip

ewschang

Jun 2, 2016, 6:20:25 PM6/2/16
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Priscilla,

Thanks for sending us the files. I can reproduce the preview and publish problem when I open your files in GWD.
So I look for any errors and find that the "expanded page" was set to use radial gradient color as the background color. Once I reset it to no color in the Page Properties, I can preview the files correctly:

I have attached the fixed version of your files. Can you open them in GWD and try preview and publish again? Hope they work for you. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Emily (GWD Team)

J000907_TAB_Euros_Multiplier_expanding_970x31_fixed.zip
J000907_TAB_Euros_Multiplier_expanding_970x31_backup_fixed.zip

tabcor...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2016, 9:01:50 PM6/2/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Emily,

Thanks so much for checking and confirming the issue!

So going forward, we should NOT be placing any gradient color on the background?
Is there anything else to not 'activate' on the stage or otherwise to prevent similar publishing problems?

ewschang

Jun 3, 2016, 11:55:55 AM6/3/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Priscilla,

I think setting gradient color on the background for page should work. I have tried that and it works in a new file. Do you recall any special steps you have done in your file before the preview/publish stop working? It would be easier for us to reproduce the problem and log the bug if there are steps.

Thanks,
Emily (GWD Team)

tabcor...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2016, 8:28:51 PM6/5/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Thanks Emily,

Unfortunately I can't recall any special steps I did... I can only recall that it initially did work with the preview/publish (as I wanted to test it as I was going), and then it wouldn't. I may have accidentally clicked the gradient as I was editing the file but other than that was just editing/creating the animation.

Thanks anyway for your help and really appreciate your prompt responses and assistance!

Message has been deleted