Issues with mobile banners not able to touch

Luis Roman

Jan 16, 2018, 12:08:47 PM1/16/18
to Google Web Designer beta
We use Dataxu to publish the advertising, the problem is that we add the target URL on Dataxu application, i wonder if there's a custom way to add touch/click with no target URL, i use just the taparea component for desktop banners but is not working for mobile.

San Khong

Jan 16, 2018, 7:42:33 PM1/16/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Luis,

The taparea component is designed that it works on mobile when you use touch/click event but not click event. If you use any other html elements such as a div, it's ok to use click. You can try using other elements instead of taparea component.

Hope it helps.
San
Google Web Designer team

Luis Roman

Jan 17, 2018, 9:38:53 AM1/17/18
to Google Web Designer beta
HI San,

Thanks for your response. We work with Dataxu and you need to add the URL when you upload the content, how can i keep the click  event with no target URL. see example below.

Thanks

  <script type="text/javascript" gwd-events="handlers">
    gwd.auto_Gwd_taparea_1Action = function(event) {
      // GWD Predefined Function
      gwd.actions.gwdDoubleclick.exit('gwd-ad', 'click', 'https://www.google.com/', true, true, 'page1');
    };
  </script>

San Khong

Jan 17, 2018, 7:20:34 PM1/17/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Luis,

The url can be empty like this: gwd.actions.gwdDoubleclick.exit('gwd-ad', 'click', '', true, true, 'page1');

Hope it helps,