removing key frame but not removing animation

lucycliff...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2017, 4:47:14 AM2/7/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Mornin' all!

A quick Q about key frames. I want to start my nested animation at (for example) 3 seconds in so I've:

1) placed an image
2) inserted a key frame at 3 seconds
3) inserted a second key frame at 8 seconds then moved the image across so there's a motion tween
4) i then go to the very first key frame that has been automatically put in at 0 and delete it so my image should appear on the stage at 3 seconds...

but it doesn't! it stays there not moving from 0 to 3 secs then starts the motion tween at 3 secs ending at 8 secs

What am I doing wrong? It's making me crazy :/

Thanks

Google Web Designer beta

Feb 10, 2017, 7:42:00 PM2/10/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello,

At the step 4), GWD does remove the keyframe, but since it is the keyframe at 0, it adds animation delay from 0 to 3 second time.
This does not make the image hide from the animation, so, if you would like to do that, please follow this,

4) Instead of removing the 1st keyframe that is auto inserted, please add "step-start' easing option by using Right-click menu between 0-3sec animation span.
Right-click the span, then select "step-start" from the easing option.

5) Test preview the animation

Could you please try and see if that helps?

Thanks,
Mariko - Google Web Designer team