Unable to preview any files

kaz...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2016, 2:42:16 PM9/13/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Where I do most of my work has been moving towards HTML5 animation styled ads a lot recently, and I was pointed towards Google Web Designer. The program is fantastic for letting me very easily create animated advertisements. However no matter what I seem to try it refuses to preview anything.

I've tried a fully composed ad that is static, I've tried simply the logo being moved around on the canvas. It does not seem to work with Chrome(surprising), Edge or Internet Explorer. I've not tested it with Firefox yet. The cache for Google Web Designer has already been cleared without any noticeable benefit, and while I have not reinstalled Google Web Designer this is a fresh install already.

My Operating System is Windows 10.

I think I've laid out any of the most basic of answers to simple questions. I can only imagine it works fine for other people, so hopefully a fix can be figured out.

San Khong

Oct 3, 2016, 12:53:31 PM10/3/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Kazuhru,

Can you please check if the folder containing the file has any high ascii characters?  There is a known issue on Windows that the ad will fail to preview if the path has high ascii character in it.  Can you view the ad by double clicking on the HTML file to open it in browser instead of previewing from Google Web Designer?

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team