Exporting Source Files from GWD

tsch...@octanemarketing.com

Jun 8, 2018, 1:43:15 PM6/8/18
to Google Web Designer beta
I am brand new to GWD, so forgive me if this is a silly question!

We had some templates produced by a freelancer that turned out great, but a small tweak to truncate text is required to finish them off. Since the project is completed, and freelancer is paid, I am trying to avoid opening a new project if possible.

I have all the source files for the templates stored locally, so uploading those to GWD, swapping the client logo, and publishing locally is a breeze. (We are running the ads via AdWords) I've also figured out how to inset the "gwd-fitting-truncate="true" via the Code View in GWD. Where I am running into a road block is exporting the source files from GWD so we have updated source files for our templates saved locally. The alternative is adding the "gwd-fitting-truncate="true"" in the code for each ad and client as we publish them locally moving forward, which is not ideal.

Am I missing something, or is there no option to export source files from GWD?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide here!

Tim

San Khong

Jun 8, 2018, 5:08:02 PM6/8/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Tim,

When you satisfy with the file you edit, you can save it as a template by using File > Save as template...After this, the template will be visible in the Template Gallery My Templates tab for you when you choose File > New from template...

Hope it helps.
San
Google Web Designer team