correct by typing the time of a keyframe + adding guides

Niovi Madamopoulou

Dec 23, 2015, 10:52:27 AM12/23/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello again,

I have a layer with a keyframe at 4s and another one above it, where i need a keyframe at the exact same time.
By right cliking and choosing insert keyframe I got 3.995s or 4.007s or something similar and not a 4s.
Is there an area i could type the correct number?

Another think i would like to ask. How can I add guides? The rulers are on but I did not manage to drug any guides out of them.
I can only see the 2 guides that the file opens with (a horizontal and a vertical one) which I cannot find how to select and move.

Thank you in advance.

Google Web Designer beta

Dec 28, 2015, 2:20:20 PM12/28/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,
Thank you for using GWD.
It is easy to add the keyframes at the exact same time.

If you have a keyframe at one layer at 4sec mark, select the keyframe, which should move the playhead at 4sec mark.(The above layer has no keyframes yet.)
As the keyframe is still selected, hold down Shift key to Click to select the above layer, which will select two layers to gether. The playhead should still be at 4sec mark where the last keyframe on the bottom layer is. Then, hit F6 key (Fn+F6 for Mac). That will add keyframes to the playhead position to all the selected layers. In this case, the bottom layer already has a keyframe at 4 sec, it won't add another keyframe there, but it should add a keyframe to the above layer.

Could you try this and see if that works for you?

Regarding guides off the rulers, GWD is not currently supporting the feature, but we have a feature request filed internally.

Thanks,
Mariko (GWD team)

marcela...@beyondmediaagency.com

Sep 14, 2017, 3:27:22 PM9/14/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi! when will you upload the guide feature? Thanks!

San Khong

Sep 14, 2017, 4:24:39 PM9/14/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Marcela,

It's on our roadmap. Hopefully in a release next year.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team