Image Button - How do you get Up/Over/Down Images to work?

micsun-al

Jul 6, 2015, 9:50:30 PM7/6/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I have some images in the Asset Library and also in the "assets" directory for the ad with the same name, and they don't seem to be loading using the ImageButton component when previewing the ad.

Steps:
  1. Click File --> New file --> Banner
  2. Environment: Generic
  3. Dimensions: 300x250
  4. Name: (Whatever)
  5. Animation Mode: Advanced
  6. Click "OK"
  7. From the Components tab, click and drag the Image Button component to the stage.
  8. For the "Up Image" type (whatever).jpg
  9. For the "Over Image" type (whatever-over).jpg
  10. Click "Preview"
Result: The image button does not have an image loaded (on idle or mouseover).

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?  I could not find an example of how to implement this.

Google Web Designer beta

Jul 7, 2015, 11:57:10 AM7/7/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for using GWD.
If you have those images in Assets Library, please type "assets/your-file-name.jpg" into Up Image, Over Image..etc source fields under component properties.

Could you try and see if the preview works?

Thanks,
Mariko (GWD team)

micsun-al

Jul 7, 2015, 1:32:48 PM7/7/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Oh, that worked thank you!  I didn't add "assets/" in front of the file name.

Yesterday was my first day on the job and trying out GWD :)

The path seemed a little ambiguous to me.  It would be nice if there was a "..." button that lets you choose a file in your project and automatically fills in the path, but leaves it open for the user to enter in a full path to some external image hosting site or whatever.  Blah what do I know.
This conversation is locked