How do I upload an HTML5 .ZIP file to AdWords for a client?

Phil Caines

Jun 6, 2014, 12:50:27 PM6/6/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
A client of mine has sent me HTML5 banner ad creative that are in a zip files. How do I upload these to AdWords?

Jaz

Jun 6, 2014, 4:29:56 PM6/6/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,
Did your client create the banner in GWD? Previously we had a beta running where GWD creatives could be uploaded to AdWords, but we've since closed this as the project will be launching soon. I can always ping the team and ask if you can be whitelisted, but due to the upcoming launch that may not be possible.

As far as loading current non-GWD creatives, you can find more info on their Getting Started page.

thx
jaz

Phil Caines

Jun 6, 2014, 5:16:05 PM6/6/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaz,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Yes, I believe they used GWD for the creative. If you could whitelist them today, it would be appreciated :)

Their client id is 485-237-1302

Thanks!

Jaz

Jun 9, 2014, 12:59:43 PM6/9/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

I'm checking with our AdWords teammates now, if it's possible we'll get on it, although I cannot promise it will be completed today. I'll keep you updated!

thx
jaz

Jasmine Rogers
Program Manager, GWD

Jaz

Jun 9, 2014, 5:02:03 PM6/9/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

Quick update: I've been given the ok to whitelist you for the closed beta. I've submitted the request and I'm just waiting now for the process to complete. Once finalized I'll update the post and let you know!

Jaz

Jun 10, 2014, 11:50:54 AM6/10/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

The client has now been whitelisted for the AdWords/GWD integration. If you need anything more, please let us know!

thx
jaz

Chris Howell

Jun 16, 2014, 12:01:26 AM6/16/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaz,

I also have HTML5 banner ads created by GWD. Can I publish these on Adwords?

Jaz

Jun 16, 2014, 12:11:08 PM6/16/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Yes, if you can please send your CID to us I can inquire about getting you whitelisted. You can email us at: gwd-s...@google.com

thx!

Jaz

Jun 30, 2014, 12:42:12 PM6/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Now available: Upload your Google Web Designer HTML5 creatives into AdWords, and run them in your mobile campaigns. More GWD updates coming soon...stay tuned!

tosinb...@taafoo.com

Jun 30, 2014, 3:16:59 PM6/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jazz,

Can I upload my GWD files on Adwords please. My CID is 418-416-8835. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jaz

Jun 30, 2014, 3:25:06 PM6/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tosin,

I replied on another thread as well, but whitelisting is no longer necessary, you can upload your file into AdWords now!

marcose...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2014, 4:54:21 PM7/2/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I keep trying to upload the GWD zip file that was published and I keep getting "The ZIP file cannot be processed. Please check the file, and then try again."

Jaz

Jul 2, 2014, 5:01:15 PM7/2/14
Hi marcose,

Can you confirm the following:
1. The file name is less than 50 characters
2. You have published the GWD file and are uploading the published file to AdWords?
3. Before sending files to us, please check the HTML5 ads technical requirements:

Important

  • Only HTML5 ads created with Google Web Designer are supported.
  • Assets in the ZIP file can be any combination of the supported file types. See the “File types” section in this table.
  • All images used in HTML5 ads must be local images, not referenced images, and should be part of the assets that comprise the ZIP file.
  • Only tap components are supported. Videos and maps are not supported.
  • Only Google web fonts are supported. Other web fonts are not supported.
  • For environment target actions, timer and multiple exits are not supported.
  • Expandable ads are not supported.
  • Local storage methods cannot be used in HTML5 ads.

If you still experience issues, please indicate the error message you receive and send the published file to us at gwd-s...@google.com and I will have the AdWords team take a look at it.
Message has been deleted

crumpl...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2014, 9:44:50 PM10/1/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaz,
I'm trying to upload GWD zip file to my Adwords account and I keep getting the same error message:
"The ZIP file is missing an HTML file. Please check your file, and then try again."
I'm following all the technical requirements.

Jaz

Oct 2, 2014, 6:22:24 PM10/2/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you confirm that you are uploading the published zip file and not the authoring file? If so, I would try to publish it once more, just to double check and upload again. If you receive the same error, please send us the author file at gwd-s...@google.com and we'll take a look at it.

florea.a...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2014, 5:23:52 AM11/2/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
The same error "The ZIP file is missing an HTML file. Please check your file, and then try again."

How can i solve this?

San Khong

Nov 3, 2014, 11:06:32 AM11/3/14
florea, please send us the zip file that you tried to upload to Adwords so we can take a look.  gwd-s...@google.com

Thanks,
San
GWD Team

cobha...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2014, 8:56:23 PM12/10/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
I am new to Google Web Developer but have the concept down. I have created a HTML ad and have only been given the option to export to local, drive, or doubleclick. I have looked in Adwords and cannot find any way to upload directly. Are there a few steps that I would need to take to get these processed? Share your thoughts, thanks!

priyank...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2014, 9:14:14 PM12/10/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We I try uploading the zip file I get an error which says "Error During Upload" "The file contains an incorrect url, please check the url & then try again" - what could this mean? The creative agency has already tried modifying the creatives several times.

"Ume" Masayoshi Umeuchi

Dec 11, 2014, 6:49:31 PM12/11/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please use "publish locally" and upload the zip file as an image ad to AdWords.

Thanks,

Ume (GWD team)

"Ume" Masayoshi Umeuchi

Dec 11, 2014, 7:04:45 PM12/11/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For the incorrect url error, please check the following AdWords requirements for HTML5 ads.

If the problem still exists, would you please send us the source files to gwd-s...@google.com ?

Thank you.

Ume (GWD team)

levo...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2015, 5:26:47 AM4/27/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

I'm following all the technical requirements and still getting this error instantly :
"The ZIP file is missing an HTML file. Please check your file, and then try again."

Even if i'm trying to upload Google's sample zip pack it says the same error.

Its quite urgent.

What should i do?

Jaz

Apr 27, 2015, 5:09:07 PM4/27/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Levent,

We also answered offline, but wanted to provide the answer here as well:

Hi  Levent,

I’m unable to open this file in GWD . Looks like the HTML file  is not created in GWD and it is missing all the Meta Tags .

Please follow the steps given in the link  for creating an Adwords Ads

https://support.google.com/webdesigner/answer/4450409?hl=en&ref_topic=4418538

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Sukhbir