Assets folder full, but assets don't show up on GWD

kdu

Feb 3, 2017, 10:38:09 AM2/3/17
to Google Web Designer beta
This has been going on for a while now and I thought it'd be fixed on this release.

When I add assets to GWD, they are added to its folder, but don't show up on the GWD UI.

Not only this makes my work harder because I have to drag and drop the images from outside GWD, but it makes me add same assets multiple times, sometimes...

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 13.35.16.png

San Khong

Feb 3, 2017, 1:06:51 PM2/3/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Can you please let us know how you add assets to GWD?  Did you add the images to the assets folder on disk or actually importing them to GWD?

Adding them to the assets folder on disk won't automatically add them to GWD UI.  We have a feature request to reload the Library panel for that use case but we haven't had a chance to implement it.

If you import them using GWD UI or drag them to GWD, they should show up properly in the UI. If they don't show, it sounds like a bug and we need to further look into how to reproduce it.  For example, where do you save your file? Is it on a network shared folder or locally?

Please let us know.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team

bgo...@bbaonline.com

Feb 20, 2017, 11:29:16 AM2/20/17
to Google Web Designer beta
When I upload my html5 banner document to my server to allow my client to view the banner, the accompanying files are uploaded automatically, with the exception of the assets folder, I have to upload the assets folder by itself. Not sure if that's your problem or not.

San Khong

Feb 21, 2017, 4:22:14 PM2/21/17
to Google Web Designer beta
bgonda,

If you upload the banner to any Google ad network, it's the zip file that is uploaded so there should not be any problem with the assets.  If you upload it to your own server, you will need to upload the assets also.