Events getting fired while the timeline is paused?

sint...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2016, 11:32:21 AM2/5/16
to Google Web Designer beta
I'm working on a project with a number of pages. Most pages have events that pause the timeline at certain points, some pages have more than one.

I've noticed two things:
-Events get fired from pages that aren't active. Say Page 2 has an event that fires 10 seconds in. I start the application, enter page 2, then enter page 3. 10 seconds after entering page 2, the event from page 2 fires, even if I'm not on page 2 anymore. Is this intended? Is there a way to stop this?

-Events get fired when the timeline is paused. Say page 3 has a pause event at 10 seconds and another at 20. I want it to pause at 10, and then when I unpause it, pause it again at 20. Currently, it pauses at 10, and the remaining 10 seconds until the second pause continue elapsing even while the rest of the timeline is paused. Is this intended? Is there a way to stop this?

Short version of the question - how do I pause the Events timeline? Pausing a page or the whole pagedeck doesn't seem to pause the events timeline.

Google Web Designer beta

Feb 12, 2016, 1:30:15 PM2/12/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello,

For the issues you mentioned,

-Events get fired from pages that aren't active. Say Page 2 has an event that fires 10 seconds in. I start the application, enter page 2, then enter page 3. 10 seconds after entering page 2, the event from page 2 fires, even if I'm not on page 2 anymore. Is this intended? Is there a way to stop this?

-Events get fired when the timeline is paused. Say page 3 has a pause event at 10 seconds and another at 20. I want it to pause at 10, and then when I unpause it, pause it again at 20. Currently, it pauses at 10, and the remaining 10 seconds until the second pause continue elapsing even while the rest of the timeline is paused. Is this intended? Is there a way to stop this?

I tried to replicate the scenarios, and I was not able to see the first issue happen. Event I set on page 2 does not get fired if page 2 is not showing.

I also tried the second scenario, maybe not exactly the same you had, but it seems working for me.

Please take a look at the file attached?

If that does not match what you are seeing, please send us your files (pre-published GWD project folder in a zip)

Thanks,

s-1.zip