Add 4K Resolution Display Support

ar...@headonlabs.com

Dec 16, 2016, 4:28:30 AM12/16/16
to Google Web Designer beta
I have a 4K Screen on my laptop and using Google Web Designer on Ubuntu is impossible because there is no support for window scaling.

Please add support for window scaling so that people with 4K displays can use Google Web Designer.

Regards.

San Khong

Dec 16, 2016, 2:18:00 PM12/16/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi arjun,

Can you provide us more info? What happen when you tried to launch Google Web Designer with your 4K screen on your laptop? Can you please provide us a screenshot if possible?

An engineer in our team can run Google Web Designer fine on his 4K screen on a Windows machine so I'm just wondering what the issue might be on Ubuntu.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer Team

jul...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2016, 5:10:30 PM12/16/16
to Google Web Designer beta
I have an usability issue with Web Designer too with Gnome 3.22 on Arch Linux.

The Web Designer starts fine, but everything (texts, buttons, etc) is extremely small (4 times smaller than normal).

Is it possible to forward the option "--force-device-scale-factor" which is normally available inside CEF?

For example this option is quite useful in Spotify client under Linux ( --force-device-scale-factor=2.0 ).

I guess it will be easy for the Web Designer to initialize CEF with the forwarded value.

ar...@headonlabs.com

Dec 18, 2016, 3:16:09 AM12/18/16
to Google Web Designer beta
I'm running Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS.

Everything is too small and there is no way to scale the window like it's possible in Spotify with the `--force-device-scale-factor=2.0` flag.

Google Web Designer.png

John Mayhew

Dec 19, 2016, 1:50:36 PM12/19/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the info. We are looking into providing a way to set the web view's scale factor to address this issue for our next release.

John
Google Web Designer Team.

tal...@integsys.biz

Feb 10, 2017, 7:47:03 PM2/10/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Er... hello... Stanford Braintrust I need a microscope to use this under Linux. You remember Linux the OS most of Google runs on! This more than a little frustrating.

kaang...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2017, 2:41:32 PM3/7/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi John,

Ubuntu 16.04 user here, I'm waiting for this update. It is impossible to use the software with a 4k screen.

San Khong

Jun 21, 2017, 6:36:24 PM6/21/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi everyone,

We have just launched an update, version 1.9.0.0619 (shell version 1.5.0) that supports 4K monitor. Google Web Designer detects the screen resolution and automatically calculates the appropriate zoom percentage to support high-resolution monitors such as 4K.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team

omn...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 9:01:13 AM6/22/17
to Google Web Designer beta
i have the opposite problem now after the 1.9.0.0619 (shell version 1.5.0) update
with an imac retina although the resolution is set to scaled for more space
the google web designer ui is huge! and gives me very little space to work than before

omn...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2017, 10:41:20 AM6/22/17
to Google Web Designer beta
..continuing from the above my mac is 21,5 inch with 4 retina,
the irony is that i can't even find a download link of the previous version of GWD for mac,
every download link on the web is linked to the latest version

San Khong

Jun 22, 2017, 12:16:32 PM6/22/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi omnitt,

Can you please try following this instruction to set the zoom percentage back to 100?

omn...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 5:34:32 AM6/23/17
to Google Web Designer beta
yes! i used the terminal solution and it worked! in fact i set the percentage to 80 and now it is even better! thank you very much!

Ross Jackson

Jun 25, 2017, 4:25:33 AM6/25/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Me Too!!!

skydevel...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2017, 4:16:52 AM11/6/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I installed Google Web Designer on my Windows 10 Laptop with 4K screen. It doesn't display the application correctly and i can't see any scrollbar either. check the attached image please.
gwdesigner.png

San Khong

Nov 6, 2017, 7:55:50 PM11/6/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I'm sorry you run into this problem. Can you please try following this instruction to set the zoom percentage back to 100?

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team