Get GWD to work with ubuntu 14.04

ihachan...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014, 6:02:09 PM4/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded the .deb files and I installed it.But when I try to open it I just get a blank screen.What should I do?
My system is Ubuntu 14.04 with Unity as desktop environment.

Sukhbir Kaur

Apr 25, 2014, 6:14:21 PM4/25/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
There is a black screen issue on launch with some locales . Please see this post for a workaround.

We're working on a fix for it.

--Sukhbir
GWD Team

ihachan...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2014, 8:07:07 AM4/26/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I get a white screen not a black screen.
The local fix didn't work.

Sukhbir Kaur

Apr 28, 2014, 12:30:28 PM4/28/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com

Hi IIyes,

Can  you please turn on verbose-logging,   launch GWD and send us log at  (gwd-s...@google.com)

Verbose log setting :

the browser.log and zygote.log in the ~/.local/share/google-web-designer/logs

Thanks
Sukhbir

findingt...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2014, 1:49:53 PM4/28/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I also get a black screen. I applied the fix as posted by San Khong and it worked, but once I closed the Google Design window it would not restart again and could not re-apply the same fix.

Thank you.

andrew...@gmail.com

May 30, 2014, 11:32:11 AM5/30/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
try this one
follow the steps in the link below
http://www.webupd8.org/2014/04/google-web-designer-available-for-linux.html

1. delete ur cache folder
2. relaunch the google-webdesigner using the en_US language