Feature requests

Tanner

Apr 26, 2017, 10:57:33 PM4/26/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Make the UX in terms of editing layers more intuitive. Most people are not going to know to right click or double click to go into a layer deeper, maybe create the layout more like illustrator or photoshop.

Also please remove the increase-size-via-dragging - it's incredibly annoying when the majority of the programs in the world use dragging the cursor as highlighting.

Finally - please make the panels more intuitive. There's too much clutter and clicking into one panel make the height of another panel you're working with so small that you can't even edit the properties you need visible. On top of that, expanding the panels is a pain because you can't tell where the resize point is on the panel since its one complete solid color.

San Khong

May 1, 2017, 4:30:11 PM5/1/17
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tanner,

Thank you for the feedback.

We will need to think of ways to make editing nested elements more intuitive.

By increase size via dragging, do you mean the field in the Properties panel? You can still select the element by double clicking on the field.

In the upcoming release, you will be able to close the panel that you don't need to give you more real estate to use the panels.

Thank you again for the feedback. Please keep them coming so we can improve Google Web Designer further.
San
Google Web Designer team

Tanner

May 1, 2017, 4:36:08 PM5/1/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi San,

Apologies for the tone earlier. I was speaking out of frustration. Yes the properties panel has inputs for a number of things and clicking into it activates it so you can change the  value - no need to double click, but it reads dragging the cursor as increasing or decreasing the input value rather than just highlighting the value. It would be nice if the click and drag was to highlight  the value rather than changing the value.

-Tanner

San Khong

May 1, 2017, 4:51:47 PM5/1/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Tanner,

Thanks for the response. I agree with you that the input field in the Properties panel can be better. What if single clicking in the field highlights the value automatically?  That way you don't need to drag to highlight it while we can still maintain the increase size while dragging feature which is useful when you need that feature. We will log a bug so this can be improved.