Video doesn't play anywhere

Bence Beres

Dec 14, 2016, 8:13:54 AM12/14/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hey!

I've just started to use GWD and I have a question for you. I just wanna make a really simple banner where in the background the snow is falling and some text appears. I have noticed that videos should be in web or mp4 formats (I tried both) but after I added to the Library nothing happens although I inserted keyframe and among the properties I chose the right options (I guess). In one word my problem is that when I click on "Preview" or just simply push the Play button, the video doesn't start to play. It looks like a buffering video without any content (I attach a screenshot to show what's my problem)

Hope you can help me!

Waiting for ur reply

Google Web Designer beta

Dec 14, 2016, 12:40:43 PM12/14/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Bence,

I couldn't reproduce the problem using our test video file.  How large is your video file you have uploaded?

Thanks,
Rika
(Google Web Designer team)

Bence Beres

Dec 14, 2016, 1:48:23 PM12/14/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Rika,

The .webm video that I wanted to use is 1,2MB. Is that too large? If yes, how could I reduce the size?

Thanks,
Bence

Google Web Designer beta

Dec 14, 2016, 4:19:23 PM12/14/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Bense,

I tried with a larger video than yours.  It works.
Are you trying to preview the webm file on Safari?
Safari doesn't support webm files, so you can add mp4 files to the property panel:
Sources    assets/xxx.mp4, xxx.webm

Also, webm is supported by Chrome and Firefox on Mac.  Click on the drop-down icon next to the Preview button
and select other browsers to preview.

Thanks,
Rika