Feature request: Show an outline of the viewport over assets

hannahma...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2018, 11:42:10 AM3/23/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Sometimes I like to use an image larger than the viewport for responsive ads, so I can make the image fill up the viewport at multiple sizes. There are guides for the top and left boundaries of the viewport, but I wish there were guides for the entire viewport so I could clearly see which part of the image will be displayed.

Kent

Mar 23, 2018, 12:02:42 PM3/23/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Are you using the viewport tool? It's the bottom icon (stencil square) in attached screenshot.
When you use this tool, a heavy gray border appears in GWD showing the full viewport area. If your viewport is larger than the GWD author window, then you may still need to zoom out (Command-Minus) to see the full viewport (at a reduced size).

Hope that helps,

Kent
Google Web Designer team

hannahma...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2018, 5:04:02 PM3/23/18
to Google Web Designer beta
I did find the viewport tool after posting this comment and it helps! But I still wish there was an option to keep that boundary overlaid while moving stuff around.

Thanks for your comment. :)