stelian...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2015, 7:07:10 AM9/9/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello,
I'm trying to create a banner with GWD. I want the image of the button that the user will click to change image once the mouse is over it, so I've put a Image Button component and the TapArea. But they don't work together. Even if I change order of layout, first the TapArea and then the Image Button, it does not work, it won't change image but the link works.

By the other way if I do the opposite, the image will change on hover but the link won't work.

What's wrong?

Thanks.

rika

Sep 15, 2015, 3:23:16 PM9/15/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi stelianspubler,

First you have to save the button image in the asset library.  Then drag and drop the Image button component to the stage and set the image path in the PI (attached the screenshot)
If you need to add the exit url, simply right click the Image button and select "Add event" instead of using the Tap Area.
Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks,
Rika
(GWD team)

imagebuttonPI.png

attila.h...@frfars.org

Feb 19, 2016, 4:10:30 PM2/19/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello Rika..

I seem to have the same problem.. I keep reading. Add Event, I know how to do that, but don't know what to write as an event.. Basic for you I'm sure.. I just want to have once mouse click goto another web page. Example: It is an about us image - once pressed, go to the /about.htm page on my web site.. That's all I want to do.. please help!

Thank you,
Attila

rika

Feb 22, 2016, 2:53:17 PM2/22/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Attila,

Here are the steps to set the event in your Events panel:

1. In the Events panel, select the following options:
Target: gwd-imagebutton_1 > Event: Mouse click > Actioln: Google Ad Exit > gwd-ad > Configuration: Metrics ID ( i.e. exitURL), URL (i.e. your web site - http://.../about.htm)
2. Hit Enter to confirm
3. Click on Save

Hope it helps,

Rika
(GWD team)

taylorma...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 12:33:33 PM11/27/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Rika,
Quick question about your above comment of using the "Event: Mouse click" for the image button in order for the user to click and be taken to a web page. Will this event still allow users on mobile to tap that image button and be taken to the webpage?

I know it will work for desktop, just making sure it also works for mobile.

Thanks!
Taylor

San Khong

Nov 27, 2017, 5:08:23 PM11/27/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Taylor,

Image button mouse click should also work on mobile. The only issue with image button is that the hover image you set will not be shown on mobile.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team

taylorma...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 5:11:56 PM11/27/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Wonderful! Thank you San :)

Luis Roman

May 31, 2018, 9:58:19 AM5/31/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello San,

I am having issues with the mobile click/touch option. We use dataxu to publish our banners but mobile is not working, we add the destination URL within the server (Dataxu) Please help.

San Khong

Jun 1, 2018, 12:45:45 PM6/1/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Luis,