Issues replaying a sprite sheet animation each time a page is loaded

micsun-al

Feb 23, 2016, 7:07:00 PM2/23/16
to Google Web Designer beta
I attached a sample project before adding an event to replay the sprite sheet and after adding it.

Here's a preview of the sprite sheet animations without the replay:

How do I get the sprite sheet animation to replay once the page goes back to page1?

Here's a preview of the sprite sheet animations with the replay:

I assumed adding "Timeline" > "event-1" > "Sprite Sheet" > "Restarts the animation" would not have prevented the "Sprite Sheet" > "Animation ends" event from triggering, but it does.

How do we restart the sprite sheet animation while still being able to handle the end of the sprite sheet animation?

Thank you!
test-sprite-sheet-end-event.zip
test-sprite-sheet-end-event-ADDED-EVENT-REPLAY-TO-PAGE1.zip

Sukhbir Kaur

Feb 25, 2016, 4:42:36 PM2/25/16
to gwd...@googlegroups.com

Hi ,

I'm still investigating   internally about the timeline event issue you have mentioned below :

 " I assumed adding "Timeline" > "event-1" > "Sprite Sheet" > "Restarts the animation" would not have prevented the "Sprite Sheet" > "Animation ends" event from triggering, but it does.

Meanwhile can you try this and let me know if this work for your test scenario? This will play the SpriteSheet  animation  in Page 1 and page 2.

In the event panel Add the following events

You can see the preview here

Thanks

Sukhbir

(GWD Team)

Sukhbir Kaur

Feb 25, 2016, 4:44:08 PM2/25/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Please see the attached updated file.
test-sprite-sheet-end-event_updated.zip

micsun-al

Feb 26, 2016, 1:36:53 PM2/26/16
to Google Web Designer beta
This workaround works for the end result we were going for in the test project, but we're going to the page with the sprite sheet animation from different pages, and want to always trigger the animation at a certain point using an event.

Thank you!