Why can X axis and Z axis rotation from -360° to +360° but Y axis can only rotate from -90° to 90°?

Darius Clarke

Jan 5, 2014, 9:40:53 PM1/5/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Why can X axis and Z axis rotation from -360° to +360° but Y axis can only rotate from -90° to 90° when entering text into the 3D object's "Properties", "3D position and view", Absolute Y axis property field?

I wish to nest several image divs into an div that serves as a rotating platter.

I can use the "3D object rotate tool" to rotate a 3D object more than 90°, but then the 3D object's "Properties", "3D position and view", Absolute Y axis property field displays a different number. For example, using the rotate tool I can rotate a 3D object on its Y axis to 100°, but then the  "Properties", "3D position and view", Absolute X axis property and Z axis properties fields show 180° while the Y axis property field shows 80°.

I can edit the 3D object's "Properties", "3D position and view", Delta Y axis property field to add 90° and then something more (like 8°), but it will always max the resulting "3D position and view", Absolute Y axis property field at 90°.

Jason Long

Jan 6, 2014, 1:36:01 PM1/6/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darius

We are aware of this issue and have a bug on file.

Thank you for reporting the issue.
Jason (GWD team)

Darius Clarke

Jan 6, 2014, 2:25:20 PM1/6/14