[BUG] Google Web Designer for Linux shows blank or title screen when network is disconnected

Hendy Irawan

Oct 1, 2014, 12:04:16 PM10/1/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Reproducibility: Always
Environment: Linux Mint 17 64-bit

Without a network connection, Google Web Designer will show blank screen (if first launch) or title screen (on subsequent launches after successful first launch) indefinitely. Either way, the workspace is never displayed.

So Google Web Designer requires to run with a network connection (doesn't need to be Internet connection, a LAN connection will make GWD work again). This is not desirable as this tool should be able to work offline for most features.

Hendy

Hendy Irawan

Oct 1, 2014, 12:04:47 PM10/1/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Version: 1.1.2.0814, Shell: 1.0.5.0

"Ume" Masayoshi Umeuchi

Oct 2, 2014, 1:41:00 PM10/2/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hendy,

I disabled the network on my Mint (turned off Wired connection in the Networking setting panel) and GWD still works fine with cache.
I'm not sure why your GWD doesn't without LAN though please try to rebuild the cache by removing the GWD cache folder. It's in
.local/share/google-web-designer/data
Then launch GWD with internet connection.

Thanks,

Ume (GWD team)

Hendy Irawan

Oct 3, 2014, 5:30:19 AM10/3/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ume..

I was incorrect. I tried it again, and indeed GWD can start the without network connection, but the first start needs to have connection.