From responsive to static layout banner

fos...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2016, 10:44:59 AM10/12/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,

I've created a 160x600 banner in Google Web Designer but when I try to upload it to AdWords I get an error about the dimensions. I've checked several times ant they seem correct.

While trying to debug it, I've realized that my project has the responsive layout option activated (by mistake).

Could this be the error?
How can I make it static in the options without doing a new one?

Thanks!

Google Web Designer beta

Oct 12, 2016, 12:28:34 PM10/12/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Tommaso,

I guess you might have selected an interstitial ad type instead of a regular banner type when you created the file.

To correct the problem, we will have to change the page size setting in the file and republish it. Can you try the following steps?

1. Open your working file in GWD
2. Expand the Properties panel (on the right hand side).
3. Check the Width and Height value for the size. If Responsive Layout option is enabled, you will see 100% x 100%.
4. Change the Width and Height value to correct size in px (160px x 600px):

(note: you can click on the unit to open a dropdown to select px)

5. Publish Locally. In the publish dialog, make sure you see the correct Pages info (160px x 600px):

6. Upload the published file to AdWords

Thanks,
Emily
(Google Web Designer Team)