HTML5 with modified tap area not supported - what do I replace it with?

Peter Walberg

Dec 19, 2017, 8:37:37 PM12/19/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Beginning December 11th, the Google Display Network will no longer support new HTML5 ads with clickability modified using Tap Area in ads from Google Web Designer or using Javascript ExitApi.exit() in ads from other tools.  At the same time, existing HTML5 ads with these features will start to be placed in Disapproved status. To fix a disapproved ad, please remove any uses of Tap Area or calls to Javascript ExitApi.exit(). More information can be found here.

Okay, so how do I keep a click through link on the ad? Image button with a link doesn't work and is rejected too.

Anybody have an answer?

San Khong

Dec 20, 2017, 2:00:21 PM12/20/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Peter,

Unfortunately AdWords image ads no longer allow click through. Any click on the ad will go to the landing page defined on AdWords. This does not apply to dynamic ads however.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team

Peter Walberg