Status of offline installer

harry.mauri...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2014, 6:15:54 PM7/9/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Any news on the promised offline installer? I've had a request for GWD in our teaching labs, and they don't have internet access, so the online installer is no use.

Jaz

Jul 9, 2014, 6:48:09 PM7/9/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harry,

While we have not promised an offline/standalone installer, we have heard from many users that this would be an immensely useful feature in situations just like the one you described (lack of internet access to download the tool). Thanks very much for your feature request and as soon as I have more to update on this, I'll send a note through the forum.

thx!
jaz

Jasmine Rogers
Program Manager, GWD

andy.ja...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2015, 4:24:41 PM7/5/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I am working behind a proxy and the link on your Google Web Designer page stays 'grayed' out so I don't even have the option to attempt an online download.......

Adán Pary

Jul 8, 2015, 9:53:26 PM7/8/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Yes, a standalone full installer is necessary to start with this.

I was used to make flash content in websites, but now that Google and Apple are shitting on the mobiles devices, on internet, on us and on the whole world. We need a solution FAST.

Don't tell us you do not have the resources or some shit like that.

Jaz

Jul 9, 2015, 2:56:42 PM7/9/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adán,

We completely understand your request, while we do have resources, we balance them between new features and feature parity to help users make the transition. Currently we are focused on adding additional features, but as soon as we have more info regarding an offline installer, I will update the forum.

thx
jaz
Program Manager, GWD
This conversation is locked