Dynamic Remarketing Ad Feed Binding for Google AdWords (Ad Made from Google Web Designer Template)

camilo...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2017, 9:52:25 AM6/19/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello Google Web Designer Team,

Good morning. I hope you had a great weekend!

I am working on a Dynamic Remarketing Ad for a client to use in his Google AdWords account. I created the Ad using a Dynamic Remarketing Ad Template in Google Web Designer.

Here's a preview of the Ad binding data to a sample JSON file:
http://camiloarmando.com/GWD

When I send the ZIP folder containing the HTML file to my client in order to upload the Ad to his AdWords account, Google Adwords tells him that "it can't bind the feed".

And that's pretty understandable, because the "Flight Feed Template" or "Data Schema" in Google Web Designer (see attached "Feeds.jpg"), is quite different from the CSV "Flight Feed Template" given by Google AdWords.

The CSV file I need the Ad to bind to contains only the following "Table Data Header" categories:

- Destination ID
- Origin ID
- Flight description
- Final URL
- Image URL
- Destination name
- Flight price
- Approval status
- Policies

Now, my question is:

How am I supposed to BIND the dynamic text fields in the Ad in GWD to those "Table Data Headers" in my client's CSV Feed, if I only have the designated "Headline, Design and Product" limited options in the "GWD Flight Feed Template"?

It looks like I could only bind the following data (from the "Product" category):

- Flight Description
- Regular Price
- Image URL

Where is the disconnect?

How do I bind the rest of information?

What am I not understanding or missing?

Why are the "GWD Fight Feed" and "AdWords Flight Feed" templates different?

Thank you very much!

Camilo

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 9.03.34 AM.png
Feeds.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 9.06.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 12.30.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 12.30.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 12.30.52 PM.png
This conversation is locked