new features

12 просмотров

sucha...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
2 авг. 2017 г., 07:56:4802.08.2017
– Google Web Designer beta
Hello GWD community,
I'm using GWD since quite long time and after that few years it's becoming more impressive.

I'd like to ask about 2 features, maybe they could be included on some release.

1) windows on right side of screen with components, events, properties etc.
It would be great if it will be possible to unpin them from locations or if it's not possible make scrolls a bit wider/provide setting to drive their width in app properties.
Thing is, it's so uncomfy to work with this windows within tablet (not mobile device but graphic pen), and it's a bit annoying user have to fold some of them to work with other and like that all the time.

2) editing timeline
for now if you want to change some object attributies for the object not for particular place on timeline you have to go to first frame and make all settings there to apply them to object all the way through in timeline.
If there will be a an option like "edit globally/dont add as keyframe" and user will be able to change position or object size in every place on timeline that will be very usefull.
Very often to make this sort of amends you have to guess default location of object if it appears on screen later that in first frame.

Use case:
Animation 3 slides. Each slide ex 3 objects (text, image, div). All animated independently.
Amend for text on slide 3: change text (text to long to fit in banner width and impossible to break line bcos of image underneath). Only solution is to make text smaller. After make text smaller key frame appears on timeline with different font-size what in result giving us an animation of font-size but expected behaviour is change font-size for object.
The only way now to do it is to make this amend in the same place as above, read font-size and position values, delete parameter from animation properties (or keyframe if that haven't been changed on existing keyframe), go to first frame and provide parameters there.

If above is possible to add that would be very useful.

Thank you

p.s. great job guys with this soft.

San Khong

не прочитано,
2 авг. 2017 г., 16:38:3702.08.2017
– Google Web Designer beta
Hi Paul,

For #1, in the newest release (1.9.0), you should be able to close the panels that you don't use much to give space for others.  You can also drag the panels and dock them to the left hand side now. We are working on improving the panel management workflow further such as floating panels.

For #2, I'm glad you have found this workflow with editing the first keyframe. We have discussed the workflow that you mentioned of changing the element's properties but not affecting the animation (what we called internally as base class). We could not find an elegant solution for it because if a user animates a property and then try to update it later in the base class, the changes will not be seen. We will brainstorm this further to see what we can do to help achieve this workflow.

Thanks for the feedback!
San
Google Web Designer team

sucha...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
2 авг. 2017 г., 18:28:2502.08.2017
– Google Web Designer beta
hello San,
thanks for answer. It's good to read about improvements.
#1 I noticed that user can dock windows in different place on the screen and using it on daily basis but was thinking much more about work with 2 screens.

if it's not that simple then maybe scrolling panels would be easier to build like ex. in zBrush. i know i shouldn't give this sort of samples but it's very user-friendly solution for "long windows"

#2 I realize that it can't be that simple and it's graet to hear you thinking about it

i'm staying patience then and in patience looking forward for new updates

thanks againg for all your improvements

San Khong

не прочитано,
2 авг. 2017 г., 19:25:1402.08.2017
– Google Web Designer beta
It's also in our plan to explore the possibility of allowing panels to float in a second monitor after floating panels are supported.

Thanks,
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать