DC Studio ads ignoring all timeline events for ads created in GWD 1.5 but ads work fine locally.

nickcru...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2015, 6:17:37 PM11/23/15
to Google Web Designer beta
SInce the GWD 1.5 update arrived I have experience problems with ads ignoring timeline events. They work fine when I preview them locally but when I view the versions uploaded to Double Click studio then they ignore all of the timeline events (pause, goto and play, etc.) Everything plays at once.

Most of my ads are using the video cue points component. Any idea what's going on or a work around?

Google Web Designer beta

Nov 23, 2015, 7:52:43 PM11/23/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello,
I am sorry that you encountered the issue in timeline events on DC studio preview.

Could you send us your file so that we can test?

Which version of the GWD are you using? Could you check by going to Help>About Google Wen Designer?

Thank you,
Mariko (GWD team)

nickcru...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2015, 1:21:14 AM11/24/15
to Google Web Designer beta
The ads were started in GWD 1.4.2.0915 and worked fine when uploaded to DC.

The some of the ads were recently amended using GWD 1.5.1.1118. The only changes made were to graphics and animation not to any of the events. When uploaded to Double Click all the events and video cues were ignored and everything in the ad played at once.

The previewed local versions - on Chrome, Safari and Firefox still play as they should.

The only additional component that's been added to my copy of GWD is the Video Cue component.

I can't send you a file due to the commercial sensitivity of the work though I maybe able to create a test example for you.

Nick

nickcru...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2015, 9:14:22 AM11/24/15
to Google Web Designer beta
I also experience the same problems with the events being ignored when I publish locally. Previewing in browser from GWD is still fine.

Google Web Designer beta

Nov 24, 2015, 2:10:17 PM11/24/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,

Yes, please send us your sample file that shows the issue you are seeing.
You mentioned timeline events, but when I tested it, timeline events seem to be working fine to me.
Are you only seeing the issue where video cues are being ignored on published files?

Thanks,
Mariko(GWD team)

nickcru...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2015, 5:59:41 AM11/26/15
to Google Web Designer beta
It seems to be files that were created in 1.4.2.0915 or earlier then being updated in 1.5.1.1118.
It does seem to be an issue that affects ad units with video cues when published. They are still fine in local preview.

We had to build our ads from scratch again in 1.5.1.1118 for them to work.