Published HTML5 banner not visible.

Miguel Fragoso

Nov 30, 2015, 2:50:30 AM11/30/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi guys,

I have created a banner ad with success within Google Web Developer on Mac OSX, and can publish it locally and view the contents of the published .zip. However, if I send the .zip file to someone using a Windows PC they are unable to view the .html at all.

Is this a general HTML5 or browser version issue when working between OSs? Or do these thing work themselves out when they're published?

Any help as to why this is happening will be greatly appreciated.

Miguel

Google Web Designer beta

Dec 1, 2015, 6:32:12 PM12/1/15
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Miguel,

On Windows PC, the published zip file should be extracted to local drive first before viewing the html file in the browser. If you right click on mouse on the zip file, you will see "Extract all" in the context menu.
If you just click to open the zip file without extraction and view the html file from there, it may not work.

Can you check with your client to see if they are doing the correct step? If they still have problem in previewing the extracted html file, would you please send us your file so that we can try it on our side? You can simply reply to this post and attach your file or just send it to gwd-s...@google.com.

Thanks,
Emily (GWD Team)

nat...@pizar.net

Jan 23, 2017, 12:40:59 PM1/23/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I know this is an old thread, but maybe this little extra detail will help someone who stumbles on this later.

On Windows, clicking on a zip file doesn't automatically extract it. Instead, it views the contents of it as though it were a folder even though it's still zipped. That's fine for most cases, but when the browser doesn't do the same trick. It can't see inside the zip file so trying to load the HTML file won't work since it can't actually see the contents unless they're unpackaged first.

I find it's useful to have a web-accessible folder on a server somewhere that I can just do an FTP dump of my ads to and then clients can just click on the link I send them to preview how it will look.

patrick.ha...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2018, 6:31:53 AM6/19/18
to Google Web Designer beta
The same are for my banners they do not display in the browser as a preview.
and even on the HTML5 validator it does not show any preview.

Please advice

@GWD team

San Khong

Jun 19, 2018, 12:11:19 PM6/19/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Patrick,

It sounds like your browser has ad blocker on. Can you please check?

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team