Gradients: it's a bug...

David Sanchez

Jul 17, 2014, 5:27:06 PM7/17/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
So I posted a couple of time about this gradient effect/mask that I'm trying to recreate based off of a current Flash animation that I use everyday. But now I feel that there's a bug with the gradients. Today I made a div and inside of it I had 2 layers: on top a 2 cold gradient fade and the second layer is a single color gold filmstrip that has the loop animation. The gradient is to make it look as though the strip is cycling through while a single, stationary light is hitting it.

Anyways, on playback. it seems like GWD was having trouble with the set up because everything just appeared as a black box. I thought I resolved this by just simply putting the gradient on a separate layer above the film strip. Nope. Didn't work. Attached are the before and after. Anyone else having these issues?
canvas-before-preview.jpg
preview.jpg

Jason Long

Jul 17, 2014, 8:07:02 PM7/17/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi David

Thank you for reporting the issue.  Can you please send us your source file at gwd-support@google.com so we can investigate?

Thanks
Jason (GWD Team)

Jason Long

Jul 18, 2014, 2:16:54 PM7/18/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi David
I think i found out where the black box issue is when you preview.  I think that you have positioned the center of the radial gradient using the Gradient tool and by doing that, the "background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" is added to it style.  I will file a bug for this issue.

Thanks
Jason (GWD team)