Is there any way to turn off UI animations? These are slowing down the app and make it seem very sluggish.

Arlo Emerson

Jun 11, 2018, 11:39:45 AM6/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
For example, when I want to collapse a panel (e.g. Properties), one must wait about one second for the panel to animate into the closed state. I would prefer it just simply snap closed. Another animation that is very annoying is the yellow line that appears when I put the cursor in a field (e.g. Position and Size fields). The animation takes nearly one second before the value changes (even if I am tabbing through these fields). I would love to turn all this stuff off which would allow me to use the tool more effectively. Thanks.

San Khong

Jun 11, 2018, 7:10:57 PM6/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Arlo,

We don't have a way to turn it off currently. I will talk to our Product Manager and UX Designer regarding your request.

Can you please let me know your machine specs? OS, Processor, RAM, etc.  Our transition time is set to something like ~300ms so it must have been really slow on your machine if it takes nearly one second.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team