Bug: Right side of panel being cropped off

micsun-al

Jun 28, 2016, 6:57:40 PM6/28/16
to Google Web Designer beta
The right side of the panel seems to become obscured sometimes.  When starting a new project it seems to be ok.  Only after working on a project does this seem to start happening.

When trying to troubleshoot this, I found the following property inside of gwd_preferences.json that seemed to fix it.

PROBLEM:

"ls.rightPanelsContainer":{"value":1050}

WORKAROUND:

"ls.rightPanelsContainer":{"value":200}

After setting it to 200 and starting GWD, the panels seems to be fixed again.  Resetting the value back to 1050 doesn't seem to reproduce the problem, so I'm guessing some other obscure setting gets fixed by changing the value to 200 and starting gwd.

Google Web Designer beta

Jun 28, 2016, 8:41:28 PM6/28/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,

Thank you posting the screenshot.
Are you on Mac, win or linux?
What are your app's screen dimensions when you see this happening?
Did you resize the width of the right side panel before this happened?
Is it possible to replicate the issue after removing gwd_preferences.json file and launch Google Web Designer again?
Did you drag any input field in the Properties Panel before this happens?
Finally, are you still able to replicate the issue after removing the cache and re-launch GWD?
  • Windows: HD:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Google Web Designer\data\cache(note: you need to enable “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” in Folder options View tab)
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/google-web-designer/data/cache
  • Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Google/Web Designer/data/cache

Could you let us know?
Thanks,
Mariko - Google Web Designer team

micsun-al

Jun 28, 2016, 9:03:54 PM6/28/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Are you on Mac, win or linux?

OS X 10.11.3
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) - Secondary screen is 2560x1440

What are your app's screen dimensions when you see this happening?
- I usually have GWD running on the 2560x1440 monitor in maximized state (not full screen).  The dimensions seem to be ~2560x1419.  To maximize the window without going full screen, press shift+option+click the green button on the GWD window on the top left corner.

Did you resize the width of the right side panel before this happened?
- No.  Generally GWD initializes on my primary 5K screen, at which point I drag it to the secondary screen and then maximize it.

Is it possible to replicate the issue after removing gwd_preferences.json file and launch Google Web Designer again?
- I just figured out how to reproduce this!
  1. Delete "gwd_preferences.json" to start at a clean state.
  2. Start GWD.
  3. While it is initializing, drag GWD to your secondary monitor.
  4. Maximize the window.
  5. Press Command+Q to quit GWD.
  6. Start GWD again.
  7. It immediately starts in the bad state on the primary screen.

Did you drag any input field in the Properties Panel before this happens?

- No.  Just the above steps.

Finally, are you still able to replicate the issue after removing the cache and re-launch GWD?

- I can't seem to reproduce this error any more after deleting the cache and re-launching GWD.  Woo, fixed? :)

Google Web Designer beta

Jun 29, 2016, 2:45:26 PM6/29/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to us on this.

I followed the step, and was not able to replicate the issue, but it might be due to the cleaned cache I had.
We will keep looking into it to make sure if this issue is resolved in our current build or not.

If you encounter the issue again, please save the cache folder and let us know?

Thanks,
Mariko

micsun-al

Jun 30, 2016, 5:51:25 PM6/30/16
to Google Web Designer beta
This just reproduced.  I zipped up "/Users/(name)/Library/Application Support/Google/Web Designer" and shared it out:

Is there anything else you need?

Thank you!

micsun-al

Jun 30, 2016, 5:59:04 PM6/30/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Also, I don't know if this matters, but I keep my OSX dock docked on the left side of the screen.  (I have a hunch this is related)

Google Web Designer beta

Jul 1, 2016, 5:47:42 PM7/1/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,

Thanks for sending us your cache file.
We were able to replicate the issue, by slightly different workflow, but I think when the app is relaunched, there is something wrong happening between the web app and the shell for rendering the entire UI. I will report this issue internally and will investigate.

I appreciated your report!

Thanks,
Mariko

micsun-al

Jul 1, 2016, 6:12:02 PM7/1/16
to Google Web Designer beta
When I set the OSX dock to be on the right side of the screen, this no longer reproduces.

Sorry GWD guys before a 3 day weekend :-)