How do I force Studio to recache third party served images

somnamblst

Jun 22, 2018, 9:12:50 AM6/22/18
to Google Web Designer beta
My Dynamic creative is still in draft mode. My versioning is around exit URLs and very different logo images, so most of my tweaking will involve getting the logos to be perfectly positioned.

Can someone explain how to force Studio to go out and get the new logos? I can tell it didn't because the logos I overwrote are now stretched.

I am asking this question in GWD because there is no Studio forum.

yor...@adtrader.com

Jun 26, 2018, 3:07:25 AM6/26/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,

If your logo files are different sizes, and the size in GWD/other authoring tool for the image is fixed, the stretch is normal and expected outcome.
Try adding the CSS property to the image element "object-fit: contain". This should keep the image in the bonds set in the creatives CSS.
Re-upload the creative back to Studio and it must be working with all kinds of images and sizes.

Best,

Yordan

somnamblst

Jun 26, 2018, 2:01:04 PM6/26/18
to Google Web Designer beta
This is handcoded for Studio. My images are all the same size, the stretching indicates a cached by Studio image is being served. The dimensions are in the CSS.

yor...@adtrader.com

Jun 27, 2018, 3:25:48 AM6/27/18
to Google Web Designer beta
I see. I sometimes have to re-upload the creative and it works for me.