Graphic Asset is not displaying after adding media rules

Tanner

Apr 26, 2017, 5:04:43 PM4/26/17
to Google Web Designer beta
After adding media rules I noticed that my graphic asset is not showing up in the new media rul. I cannot access it in the library either. In the first media rule the asset shows up but doesn't allow me to replace it any longer

First Media Rule

New Media Rule

Tanner

Apr 26, 2017, 10:53:56 PM4/26/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I just deleted the media query and started over but it's rather annoying that it wasn't showing.

Sukhbir Kaur

Apr 27, 2017, 7:08:05 PM4/27/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Tanner,

When Media rule panel is selected you can't add new elements / images to that media rule.

The following will be disabled when a media rule is active:

  • Resizing for Canvas

  • Any field in the PI that corresponds to a DOM attribute such as:

    • Element Id

    • All image and Video properties

    • Custom component properties

  • Any edit that adds or deletes elements. For example, using the tag, canvas, or text tools; drag-and-dropping an asset or component on stage; deleting, cutting, or pasting the current selection; and creating a group, breaking apart an instance, or wrapping/unwrapping.

  • Any edit involving events or dynamic data binding

 To add new element you have to switch back to Master rule .

To hide/Show content when a particular media rule is active, in Properties panel select Visibility : Visible

The visibility property sets or returns whether an element should be visible.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Sukhbir

(Google Web Designer Team)