Library issues on Fedora 21 (rawhide)

bar...@gmail.com

May 10, 2014, 11:34:21 AM5/10/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm running the development version of Fedora x86_64. I recognize that rawhide isn't stable. I am just letting you know that GWD installs fine but won't start up die to a library version mismatch.

> $ google-webdesigner
> google-webdesigner: error while loading shared libraries: libgcrypt.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Here's the GWD library that needs libgcrypt:

> $ ldd /opt/google/webdesigner/libcef.so|grep not\ found
> ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `/opt/google/webdesigner/libcef.so'
> libgcrypt.so.11 => not found
> libudev.so.0 => not found

I do have package libgcrypt installed:

> $ yum list installed --show-duplicates libgcrypt
> Loaded plugins: langpacks
> Installed Packages
> libgcrypt.i686 1.6.1-2.fc21 @rawhide
> libgcrypt.x86_64 1.6.1-2.fc21 @rawhide

But it apparently provides a version that is too new:

> $ rpm -ql libgcrypt
> /etc/gcrypt
> /usr/lib64/.libgcrypt.so.20.hmac
> /usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so.20
> /usr/lib64/libgcrypt.so.20.0.1

"Ume" Masayoshi Umeuchi

May 13, 2014, 11:45:31 AM5/13/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for your report for Fedora 21 and thank you for your understanding that our current effort is limited to the stable releases of the limited distributions because we simply don't have enough resources to support/test many versions.
We'll make sure that GWD runs on 21 when it becomes stable.

Thanks,

Ume (GWD team)

s...@sandro-mathys.ch

May 21, 2014, 5:53:26 AM5/21/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
I've created a Copr to provide libgcrypt.so.11 to Fedora rawhide users that still need it:

http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/red/libgcrypt.so.11/

Comes with absolutely no support or warranties but it's actually based on the package that used to be in rawhide pre-soname-bump, i.e. I only just added a 'compat-' to the package name so you can install it in parallel to the current version. Still, use at your own risks. Tested with google-chrome-unstable and seems to do the job there.

dave...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2015, 10:11:45 AM6/14/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Alas, I seem to have the sequence wrong!

I tried
sudo yum install yum-plugin-copr
sudo yum copr enable red/libgcrypt.so.11
sudo yum install compat-libgcrypt
but all I get is
Loaded plugins: copr, langpacks
http://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/red/libgcrypt.so.11/fedora-21-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
Trying other mirror.
No package compat-libgcrypt available.
Error: Nothing to do
I get the same behavior using dnf

What's the reccomended set of commands to use your compat-libgcrypt?

san...@mathys.io

Jun 14, 2015, 11:16:54 AM6/14/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Well, back when this package was built, F21 did not yet exist - it was only built for Rawhide (which was F21-in-development back then). So trying to add the repository like this wouldn't work, because no F21 repository existed.

But for everyone's convenience, I've not built to package for F21 and F22 and these repositories should not exist. However, these packages have not been tested at all. Furthermore, this is as far as support for this packages goes - this has been the last time I've touched them in any way whatsoever. Nothing should require this exact version of this library anymore nowadays.

dave...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2015, 1:57:17 PM6/14/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
$ sudo yum copr enable red/libgcrypt.so.11-fedora-21.repo
$ sudo yum install compat-libgcrypt

worked perfectly in Fedora 21, so thanks!

I confess I haven't been following the development closely, so much of what you said went right over my head. The results, however, are fine!