Using Swipeable Gallery and ImageButtons Together

SirJustinB

Dec 6, 2017, 11:31:13 AM12/6/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Greetings all,

I am using the swipeable gallery component on an ad that is featuring 4 different services.
Each service is grouped, containing their own picture, text, and imagebutton for URL.

The swipeable gallery is running correctly between the different groups, but the image button is not working.
When the group is not used in the swipeable gallery, the imagebutton works correctly.

Does anyone know a way to use an image button inside of a swappable gallery?

Thanks all,
JB

Kent Myers

Dec 6, 2017, 11:51:21 AM12/6/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Does "the image button is not working" mean it cannot be clicked or the rollover effect not working?
This requires some javascript to handle and you can see an example of a button inside a group used in a swipegallery in the Web Designer templates.
File > New from template... > Adwords Dynamic Remarketing > Dynamic Remarketing with Headline and Individual CTA Buttons (about 7th in the list).

Hope that helps,

Kent
Google Web Designer team

SirJustinB

Dec 6, 2017, 12:44:15 PM12/6/17
to Google Web Designer beta
The image button cannot be clicked and the rollover effect is not working when inside of a swappable gallery component.
I'll check out the template you've referenced - do you know which javascript lines I should specifically look for? I happen to know very little about Javascript, but can work my way around HTML and CSS.

Thanks,
JB

Sukhbir Kaur

Dec 6, 2017, 1:06:01 PM12/6/17
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When you're using any interactive types of assets in a group, in Swipe gallery you need to select Disable swipe in the advanced properties dialog.

This will let the user interact.Then use the Gallery Navigation component to move between gallery frames.

I hope this helps!

Thanks

Sukhbir

(Google Web Designer Team)

SirJustinB

Dec 6, 2017, 2:19:48 PM12/6/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Thanks Sukhbir!

That worked.
Any way to keep the ad swappable and the groups interactive?

Sukhbir Kaur

Dec 6, 2017, 2:56:16 PM12/6/17
to Google Web Designer beta
 You can add the navigation option in component properties panel, which will help you to navigate between the frames.

---Sukhbir