Unable to preview dynamic Doubleclick content in browser / no feed dropdown

Joshua Liebmann

Jul 10, 2017, 8:17:23 PM7/10/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a dynamic banner in GWD that uses dynamic content from Doubleclick.

I've created some placeholder text:

The selected our custom schema and attached the binding to the text:

However when i go to preview in Chrome (or Firefox), the feed dropdown is not displaying:

FYI, if i create a new banner using one of the dynamic GWD templates, i am able to see the feed dropdown in Chrome.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

San Khong

Jul 11, 2017, 2:51:14 PM7/11/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Josh,

The dynamic templates in Google Web Designer are for AdWords which are using the standard schema so we are able to get the test feed for preview. For Studio custom schema/profile, we don't know what the dynamic profile and feed might be in order to have the sample feed. However, when you sign in to Studio with your account and profile info and add binding, Google Web Designer pulls the data from the profile into the author file so that when you preview, it actually displays the data from your custom profile. We could not tell from looking at your screenshot what you bind the p element to but when you preview, if it binds properly, it should show the text from the custom profile.  Can you try switching to code view to see if you see the "test" data being pulled from your custom profile? It should be in
  <script type="text/javascript" id="h5GeneratedCode">
    Enabler.setProfileId(yourProfileID);

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team