Dynamic properties not working

Ben Gartman

Jun 9, 2018, 7:36:13 PM6/9/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Looks like my Doubleclick studio connection isn't working currently - only pulling advertiser, not profiles when using the dynamic properties feature. Just me?
webdesigner_2018-06-09_17-25-25.png

San Khong

Jun 9, 2018, 10:25:06 PM6/9/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Ben,

Can you please send us the following info so we can help you take a look?
Account
Advertiser
Campaign

San
Google Web Designer team

Ben Gartman

Jun 10, 2018, 4:56:27 PM6/10/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Account - serviced via Jellyfish - 32602.
Advertiser - WBRT - Consumer - Studio Advertiser ID 60054682
Studio Profile - 10057831

Kent

Jun 11, 2018, 12:08:00 PM6/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
That profile loads Ok in GoogleWeb Designer, and I can see your data. Here's a screenshot of the Data Schema login. Let me know if you are still having problems accessing.

Hope that helps,

Kent

Google Web Designer team

Ben Gartman

Jun 11, 2018, 3:10:22 PM6/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
If only it worked in my GWD - see my attachment.  Both the account and profile fields do not show any possible values.  I've updated GWD to the most recent version in addition to restarting and such, still not working.

webdesigner_2018-06-11_13-07-52.png

San Khong

Jun 11, 2018, 3:25:22 PM6/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Ben, what is the email that is used and has the problem? I'd like to check the account roles.

Thanks,

Kent

Jun 11, 2018, 3:28:06 PM6/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
This sounds like a permissions issue with the DC Studio account.

Make sure you are logged into the Google Account which is setup as a User on that Jellyfish account... I see your email on the account. Some users have multiple Google accounts. When logged in, you'll see your account email at the top of GWD.

Ben Gartman

Jun 11, 2018, 3:40:42 PM6/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Logged in to the same account in DC Studio and GWD.  This is my work computer, so is the only Google account I'm logged in with in either tool.

webdesigner_2018-06-11_13-39-07.png

Ben Gartman

Jun 11, 2018, 3:45:25 PM6/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
I was able to connect the two as intended about a week ago, it just stopped working around a couple days ago.

San Khong

Jun 11, 2018, 6:05:54 PM6/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Ben,

I checked with our Studio contact and your account looks fine on the Studio end. Can you please try logging into Studio directly and see if you can see the dynamic profile?

If you can access it fine, can you please turn on verbose logging in Google Web Designer, then try the entire steps of logging to the Studio account, advertiser, and profile to get the empty profile, then quit Google Web Designer and send us the browser.log.

This is just a hunch but do you happen to use English UK version of Google Web Designer? If you do, please try switching to English US and try again.

Thanks,

Ben Gartman

Jun 11, 2018, 6:45:55 PM6/11/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Yep, I created the profile, same Google account.

Browser.log attached.

Have been using the English US version.
chrome_2018-06-11_16-35-40.png
ShareX_2018-06-11_16-43-18.png
browser.log

San Khong

Jun 12, 2018, 12:12:46 PM6/12/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Ben,

The log did tell us there is an error but not clear on what the problem is. Can you please try creating another profile to see if you can access it?

Ben Gartman

Jun 12, 2018, 12:48:44 PM6/12/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Still no luck

San Khong

Jun 12, 2018, 6:17:23 PM6/12/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Ben,

We will test this out using our test account with the same settings as your account to see if we can reproduce this. Can you please ask another user in the same account to try it on your end?

Thanks,
San

San Khong

Jun 12, 2018, 7:14:04 PM6/12/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Ben,

I just tried creating a user with the same setting as you (Advertiser, with Designer and Content owner access to an advertiser with profiles) and everything worked fine for me. Can you please tried publishing the profiles to see if it helps?

Ben Gartman

Jun 12, 2018, 8:50:10 PM6/12/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Published it, still not working.

Ben Gartman

Jun 13, 2018, 9:58:52 AM6/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Any other ideas we can try to get it working on my machine?

Kent

Jun 13, 2018, 11:11:35 AM6/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Can you try logging in from a different computer (to isolate a device issue)? Can you see the profile in Studio, just not GWD? If it's a DoubleClick issue, they have chat support (top-right) of this page: https://support.google.com/ds/?hl=en#topic=4349515&contact=1

Ben Gartman

Jun 13, 2018, 11:34:25 AM6/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Yep, already did that.  No luck when I logged in on a different machine.

As mentioned above, I created the profile and setup the feed in studio, so yep I have access to it and can see it.  Someone else from Google on this thread already reached out to the Doubleclick studio team and confirmed my access permissions are not the issue.

So I have:
- logged in and attempted this on multiple machines
- uninstalled & reinstalled GWD
- created multiple feeds
- published the feed
- had access levels confirmed
- sent GWD logs to confirm the issue is not user error
- confirmed I have access to the feeds, GWD, etc...
- confirmed my GWD is logged into the same account
- confirmed my Studio account is the same user as logged into for GWD
- confirmed I'm using the GWD US English version

I think it's broken...

Ben Gartman

Jun 13, 2018, 1:42:13 PM6/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Also just had a fellow team member test it with his Doubleclick account (Chris Anton) and his GWD on his machine- same result.

San Khong

Jun 13, 2018, 3:21:48 PM6/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Ben,

Have you tried another advertiser?

I'm going to add a test gmail to the Jellyfish account and the WBRT - Consumer advertiser to test it. Hopefully we can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
San

Ben Gartman

Jun 13, 2018, 3:30:00 PM6/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Excellent, thanks, let me know how that goes.  I haven't tried another advertiser, because this is the one we need it to work for unfortunately.

San Khong

Jun 13, 2018, 3:49:34 PM6/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Ben,

I added GWD Test account to Jellyfish and WBRT - Consumer advertiser and it's working fine for me. I could pull the profile.

Is your system locale UK or US?

Thanks,
San

Ben Gartman

Jun 13, 2018, 3:51:19 PM6/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
San,

One of your colleagues already went through these same steps on this thread.  It seems to just not work for Webroot employees, but works for your team.  Also, have already confirmed the US locale and GWD instance.

Best,
Ben

San Khong

Jun 13, 2018, 6:09:40 PM6/13/18
to Google Web Designer beta
After working with Ben, we found that this is a bug in Google Web Designer with multiple advertisers access in the Advertiser level user account. We are working on a fix and will release it shortly.

San Khong

Jun 18, 2018, 9:35:24 PM6/18/18
to Google Web Designer beta
This issue is now fixed in Google Web Designer version 4.0.0.

Thank you for reporting it to us.