Flipping an element

ryan.f...@medianet.com

Feb 8, 2016, 2:38:18 PM2/8/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi, recently I've been working on a project with a little character that moves back and forth the creative. To save time I decided to flip the character using the 3D Y Position when the character goes off screen.

So that works but it causes an issue where when the character moves back on screen it's behind the background element I have set up. I tried changing the z-index of the character to see if there was an issue with that but it resolved nothing.

So is there a way to fix this or will I need to use two versions of the character?

ryan.f...@medianet.com

Feb 8, 2016, 4:15:10 PM2/8/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Also I did a bit of testing and noticed the flip works fine in FireFox and IE but not in Chrome and Opera. Might it be an issue with webkit browsers?

San Khong

Feb 9, 2016, 6:39:27 PM2/9/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Ryan,

Try set 3D Z position to 1px (Translation, first line in the Properties panel) and the image should show on all browsers.

We'll look into the inconsistency across the browser in CSS Transform for rotateY.

Thanks,
San
GWD Team
This conversation is locked