Pause media upon exit in expandable banner not working

guidi...@gmail.com

May 3, 2017, 3:36:35 PM5/3/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I have expandable video banner, from the default banner the video place in a small size when it expand it will extend the video size. Now i want to pause the video with the exit is click. I check the "pause media" but the video in default banner keep playing. How can i do this? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

San Khong

May 3, 2017, 3:49:45 PM5/3/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I'm unable to reproduce this on Chrome or Firefox.  The video in the expanded page pauses when I exit.  Can you please attach the author html file in the post so I can check it out?  Please also let me know what OS platform you are seeing the issue on.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

guidi...@gmail.com

May 3, 2017, 4:00:29 PM5/3/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I'm using Max OS X, using chrome browser Version 58.0.3029.96. The video in the default banner should be pause once exit. Below is the download link of html
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycny0pa7ltmbxib/980x90.zip?dl=0

guidi...@gmail.com

May 4, 2017, 1:36:17 AM5/4/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi San khong, is there any update?

guidi...@gmail.com

May 4, 2017, 10:33:43 AM5/4/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I'm still waiting an answer with regards to the issue. Until now still didn't get any feedback. I already sent the file download link as he ask for it. your quick reply is greatly appreciated as the campaign is running. I can see that in Internet explorer its working fine.

I'm using Max OS X, using chrome browser Version 58.0.3029.96. The video in the default banner should be pause once exit. Below is the download link of html
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycny0pa7ltmbxib/980x90.zip?dl=0"

event use not firing:
gwd.auto_ClickTagAction = function(event) {
gwd.actions.gwdDoubleclick.exit('gwd-ad', 'clickTag', 'EXITURL', true, true);

gwd.auto_ClickTagAction1 = function(event) {
gwd.actions.gwdYoutube.pause('y-video');
};

San Khong

May 4, 2017, 2:00:44 PM5/4/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi guidingpick,

I looked at your file and when you call pause video from the clickTag event, it won't work because as the ad collapses back to the banner page, the video will be loaded again and autoplay as set.

The workaround is to set a variable/flag to detect when the exit happens, then pause the video if the flag is on.

Here are the steps:

1. Add a variable and set it to 0 in code view, under window.gwd...
var exitClick = 0;

2. Switch to design view and add a custom action to the clickTag click/tap event to set this variable to 1 on exit:

3. Add another custom action to pause the video if this variable equals to 1 in the YouTube started event

I also attached the file.  Please let me know if it works well for you.

Hope it helps.

980x90Pause.html