DoubleClick: GWD "Shake" event (devicemotion) not working due to "same security origin" error (also: Tilt, Rotate to portrait, Rotate to landscape)

micsun-al

May 31, 2016, 5:19:44 PM5/31/16
to Google Web Designer beta

If an ad is created and uses a native GWD feature like "page" --> "shake", shouldn't it be natively supported by DoubleClick since they're both Google products?

Currently it is giving the following error when trying to use this feature.

Do we need to contact DoubleClick support and go through all the steps to get the site to do the things necessary for the site to pass devicemotion events on to the ad every time, or is this something that is a good candidate to either be automated (through feature tracking) or part of the things available to DoubleClick ads in general?

This issue might also apply to "Tilt", "Rotate to portrait", and "Rotate to landscape", but I didn't test them.

Thank you!

San Khong

Jun 1, 2016, 5:30:21 PM6/1/16
to Google Web Designer beta
We have already reported the issue to the DoubleClick Studio team internally.  The issue also applies to Tilt. Rotate to portrait and landscape should be fine since they use native "resize" event.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team