FAQ Spotlight: Converting environments (AdWords/Doubleclick to Non-Google Ad, etc)

Message has been deleted

Jaz

May 14, 2015, 6:05:07 PM5/14/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Thanks very much for your continued support and feedback for our product! We really appreciate our community, especially as you continue to learn and help each other with questions in the forum.

We've noticed a few questions related to converting files from AdWords/DoubleClick to Non-Google Ads, or in some cases the reverse. We have concise instructions below to do so, please reference this should you need to convert files:
Editing your ad environment

jaz

Program Manager

Google Web Designer

judson...@skyscanner.net

Jun 10, 2016, 12:22:33 PM6/10/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Additionally, if anyone needs to just convert from Doubleclick to Adwords (like I did), you don't have to do ANY of the above, just locate this line in the header and update it with the relevant environment.

newyork...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2016, 9:14:02 AM7/1/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Can someone please post the answer here it was here yesterday and now disappeared.

jasminer

Jul 6, 2016, 4:13:33 PM7/6/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi,
The article is still there, click the sentence of the post and it will open up. The listing "This message has been deleted" is for another post, not the main post of this article.

thx!

newyork...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2016, 4:53:54 PM7/19/16
to Google Web Designer beta
I just updated to the newest GWD beta, I need to go from already created Generic Ads to Double-click following these instructions below. Overtime I re save and check the file it does not open the url. Did something change in the code from the last beta GWD?

I really do not want to have to re do All the sizes I made from scratch, any help?

Non-Google Ad To Adwords/DoubleClick Environment Conversion

1 Create a new Adwords ad file. This will generate the " gwddoubleclick_min.js" file.

2 Copy the gwddoubleclick_min.js from the New folder you just created to the existing project folder . This is a required file for DoubleClick ad.

3 Open the file in GWD.

4 Switch to Code View.

5 Search for the following lines in the code:

6 <script data-source="gwdgenericad_min.js" data-version="1" data-exports-type="gwd-genericad" type="text/javascript" src="gwdgenericad_min.js"></script>

Replace with the following line:

<script data-source="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/Enabler.js" data-exports-type="gwd-doubleclick" type="text/javascript" src="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/Enabler.js"></script>
<script data-source="gwddoubleclick_min.js" data-version="1.8" data-exports-type="gwd-doubleclick" type="text/javascript" src="gwddoubleclick_min.js"></script>

7 Then, search for the following lines:

<gwd-genericad id="gwd-ad">

Replace with the following line:

<gwd-doubleclick id="gwd-ad" polite-load="">
<gwd-metric-configuration></gwd-metric-configuration>

8 Last, search for the following close tag :

</gwd-genericad>

And replace it with:

</gwd-doubleclick>

9 Save and reopen the file.
10 Publish the file locally. Then upload to AdWords.

Message has been deleted

brau...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2016, 1:22:31 PM8/13/16
to Google Web Designer beta
For the newest version (1.6.1.0726) it already changed.

i did the following:
1. created a new project with "adwords"
2. copied all the .js files the my already created generic ad (overwrote)
3. under step 6 in the original post there's a line which needs to be replaced. i quickly looked it up in the "adwords" file i created earlier and saw that it was not the same anymore so i copied this line and replaced it in my generic ad.

in my case (Version 1.6.1.0726):
<script data-source="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/Enabler.js" data-exports-type="gwd-doubleclick" src="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/Enabler.js"></script>
<script data-source="gwddoubleclick_min.js" data-version="10" data-exports-type="gwd-doubleclick" src="gwddoubleclick_min.js"></script>

the other stuff to replace under step 7 and 8 of the original post stayed the same. now it worked.

nunn...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2016, 5:21:21 PM10/31/16
to Google Web Designer beta
What line of code did you replace at point 6? You only mention the code you added?

Thanks

brau...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2016, 5:40:03 AM11/1/16
to Google Web Designer beta
the one (two lines) from the original post (under step 6).

s...@i-kiu.com

Nov 3, 2016, 9:51:23 AM11/3/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hallo,
You have forgotten to change
and

brau...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2016, 11:01:46 AM11/3/16
to Google Web Designer beta
sorry can't remember, it's already to far back. i don't think so since i only did the steps i mentioned and it worked. maybe they already changed versions.

jlee...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2016, 10:46:29 AM11/4/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi

I tried to convert environment from non google ad to doubleclick.
I followed the steps above, but i am still having a problem.

it kept saying that
Source: GWD_PROPERTIES_INVALID found

does anyone know what that means?

I sent email to gwd support regarding this matter few hours ago, but i have not heard back from them yet...

jmi...@archermalmo.com

Dec 6, 2016, 12:42:35 PM12/6/16
to Google Web Designer beta
I do not know how to code, I am a media planner at an ad agency. How do you "create a new adwords file"? Please help! I need to fix my HTML5 file!

Jaz

Dec 8, 2016, 7:04:19 PM12/8/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi All,

You can find updated instructions on editing your ad environment in this Help Center article: https://support.google.com/webdesigner/answer/7053700

thx!

San Khong

Mar 14, 2018, 1:26:24 PM3/14/18
to Google Web Designer beta
In the latest update, 3.0.0, you can now switch from one ad environment to another in the File menu > Ad environment.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team

Kanishk Vijaywargiya

Mar 15, 2018, 8:00:49 AM3/15/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi everyone,

I am very much new to web development. I am very much interested in creating new stuffs related with website. As I am going to start the youtube channel for web development. How should I start? What is the way to start the channel. I also very much interested in new google projects like- google lenses, google self driving car and Artificial Intelligence.

I required some tips for starting my own youtube channel regarding the same.