Click Tag Confusion !

hyderabad...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2018, 10:05:22 AM6/24/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello. I just chk my ad in html5 validator...
the validator showed me an error of adding a clickthrough tag in your ad... but recently I heard an update that Google has removed the ability to add tap area to your ad in GWD ! its so confusing weather we can able or Not to add tap area in our ads for Adwords.
Thanks. :)
Capture.PNG

Kent

Jun 25, 2018, 12:29:44 PM6/25/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Sorry for the confusion, I believe it is AdWords that does not allow click/tap events on non-dynamic ads, while DoubleClick requires that exit functionality. You can confirm that policy with your publishing platform.

Hope that helps,

Kent
Google Web Designer team

San Khong

Jun 25, 2018, 12:33:16 PM6/25/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Please use this validator for AdWords: https://h5validator.appspot.com/adwords/asset and it should not give you the error when there is no exit. In fact, it will give you the error is exit is included.

Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team