Indentation for Large Blocks of Code.

josu...@gmail.com

May 20, 2016, 11:08:05 PM5/20/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello I just started using the Google Web Designer
program.

As I began writing code, I noticed that the editor
does not allow for the manipulation of code where
the selected code consists of more than one line.

For example lets say that I have a block of 5 lines of
code I need to indent. The editor does not allow me to
indent them all at once. I have to indent each line
individually.

Is there a workaround for this or will a feature of the
sort be implemented in the upcoming beta versions?

Thank you.
Josue.

micsun-al

May 31, 2016, 5:28:49 PM5/31/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Not sure what the hotkey is on Windows, but on OSX you can use command + ] to indent and command + [ to unindent blocks.

micsun-al

May 31, 2016, 5:59:50 PM5/31/16
to Google Web Designer beta
Kind of feels like if you change your "Settings > Key map" to "Sublime", it should let you use tab and shift+tab to indent/unindent blocks if the "Default" is the above.

What type of coders are more used to Command + ] / Command + [ being the tabbing system over tab/shift-tab anyways?  I remember using that a while back for something.  Also while I'm spewing, I vote we use tabs instead of two spaces for tabbing <startReligiousWarAboutTabsHere>

micsun-al

May 31, 2016, 6:07:34 PM5/31/16
to Google Web Designer beta
On a related note, it looks like code view shortcuts aren't covered in the gwd documentation as far as I can tell...

Too bad it's kind of awkward modifying the source in GWD + an external text editor at the same time because GWD's source code doesn't update as expected when modified outside of GWD (so you need to close and open the project, unless you forget and you lose the changes).