Map Component

lana.wi...@go2mobi.com

Jul 21, 2017, 1:16:44 PM7/21/17
to Google Web Designer beta
I am having some issues with the Map Component in GWD. First I tried to use the search term (7-Eleven) and it would only show me one location, while there are a few locations. I also tried to zoom but it didnt zoom in at all. I then tried to use the fusion table and now all im getting is 'Your location could not be determined. Please enter a valid address'. I cannot move past this screen, if I put in address it just keeps popping up.

Please help.

Lana

Google Web Designer beta

Jul 25, 2017, 12:43:26 PM7/25/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Lana,

We would like to try to reproduce your issue on our side, so please tell us what you have changed in the Map Properties, such as latitude/longtitude, search radius, max results?

Also, was the fusion table id working for you before? Could you please double check if it is a valid id?

In the mean time, can you try to reset the Map properties to the default settings, like in the following screenshot? Or create a brand new file and try again with map component? Just want to see if the issue only happen in your existing file.

Thanks,
Emily
(GWD Team)

lana.wi...@go2mobi.com

Jul 25, 2017, 1:53:55 PM7/25/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello Emily,

Thank you for getting back to me. Attached is a screenshot of the published version with the fusion table and with just the search term, as well as a brand new file with the map component and the default settings and 7-Eleven as the search term.

The image 'screenshot_map_fusiontable' shows the ;Your location could not be determined...' when using the fusion table id, I also tried it with the search term and request user location and the same results happen. If you go to type your address or postal code/zip, it just takes you back to that screen.

This was the first time I have used a fusion table, and got the ID from within the settings area. How do I know if its valid or not?

The image 'screenshot_map_search' still only shows one location for 7-Eleven.

The image 'screenshot_map' is the new file I started with the map component. Still shows only 1 location and a different location.

Hopefully this help and we can figure this out! Again, thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Lana

screenshot_map_search.jpg
screenshot_map.jpg
screenshot_map_fusiontable.jpg

Google Web Designer beta

Jul 26, 2017, 6:41:23 PM7/26/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Lana,

Thanks for showing me the screenshots. I tried to follow your screenshots to use the same search term and latitude/longitude in my file... at first I wasn't successful to reproduce the problem. I can see multiple locations when previewing my file in Chrome (see the attached screenshot: "map-test-showingmultiplelocations"). Then later when I preview that file again, I just see one location only (see the screenshot: "map-test-showonelocation"). I think the problem seems to happen after I did something in another file also with a map component (just wanted to do something like your screenshot "screenshot_map"), first checking the "Request user location" and then unchecking it and adding the latitude/longtitude... somehow after those steps, I see only one location in any preview if that pair of Search term and latitude/longitude is used. It is very strange... I am still trying to find the exact steps but I will log this issue for you.

On the other hand, I still cannot reproduce the problem of using fusion table in the map. I tried with my own testing fusion table ID and Google API Key, and the preview does not show the error message. (see the screenshot: "map-test-7-eleven-latlong-myfusiontableid") so is there a way you can check whether your fusion table ID or the table content is correct?

Thanks,
Emily
(GWD Team)

map-test-showonelocation.png
map-test-showingmultiplelocations.png
map-test-7-eleven-latlong-myfusiontableid.png

lana.wi...@go2mobi.com

Aug 3, 2017, 12:59:17 PM8/3/17
to Google Web Designer beta
Hello Emily,

Thank you for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply. Have you found anything else out with the Search Term and it only pulling up one location?

Also, I have never used a fusion table before, created it and searched where to locate the ID number.. your Fusion ID number looks completely different than mine.. Could I be grabbing the wrong ID number?

Cheers,
Lana