Latest version doesn't work!!!

LoveDigiResource

Jun 19, 2018, 5:50:23 AM6/19/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi.
My GWD has automatically updated and I now can't open an existing file. You select recent file or open existing file, click on the html file and click open and it just goes back to the open screen, with no error message or anything.

Please help!?!?!

Thanks,
Paul

San Khong

Jun 19, 2018, 11:25:25 AM6/19/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Paul,

I'm sorry you are running into this issue. Can you please enable verbose logging in Edit > Preferences > Advanced, relaunch Google Web Designer, try to open a file, then quit Google Web Designer and attach browser.log to this post?

After that, please quit Google Web Designer, delete the cache and relaunch it.
  • Windows: HD:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Google Web Designer\data\cache (note: you need to enable “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” in Folder options View tab)
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/google-web-designer/data/cache
  • Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Google/Web Designer/data/cache
Thanks,
San
Google Web Designer team

LoveDigiResource

Jun 22, 2018, 6:47:04 AM6/22/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi San,

Where do I find the browser.log?
Was enabling 'verbose logging' supposed force the file to open in GWD? Because it didn't.

I also have no 'Library' in my folder

  • Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Google/Web Designer/data/cache

Thanks,
Paul

Kent

Jun 22, 2018, 4:14:20 PM6/22/18
to Google Web Designer beta
On a Mac: in Finder, hold down the Option key and click top menu "Go" to see Library in the dropdown list. You'll also see the "logs" folder next to the data folder referenced above.

Kent
Google Web Designer team

San Khong

Jun 26, 2018, 12:49:43 PM6/26/18
to Google Web Designer beta
Hi Paul,

We just released a fix for this. Please give it a try and let us know if you still run into issues.