Download Ok, but installer does not work in my Win7 Home Premium

Jan Bartoněk

Dec 18, 2014, 10:19:16 PM12/18/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday I downloaded GWD more than one time (download worked ok). When I tried to install GWD, nothing pop´s up. I tried to find different installer, but it was same result. On different PC same installer worked correct. Others installers worked on my PC normal. I have Win7 Home Premium. Do you have some idea why it doesn´t work?  Thank you very much. Jan

"Ume" Masayoshi Umeuchi

Dec 19, 2014, 6:09:09 PM12/19/14
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,

I tried Win7 Home premium 32bit and also 64bit and I was able to install and launch GWD.
So I just want to make sure you saw
a) GWD was not installed at all. or
b) GWD seems to be installed but doesn't launch. or
c) GWD was installed and it launches but nothing in the application window. (Black or White).

Thanks,

Ume (GWD team)

gnagna...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2015, 5:39:59 AM1/2/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
hello and happy new year!!
Yesterday I installed GWD and nothing happen when I lanch the app :
c) GWD was installed and it launches but nothing in the application window. (Black screen).

W7 64bits SP1

Please help!

Thanks in advance!
Laura

Jan Bartoněk

Jan 2, 2015, 6:39:35 AM1/2/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Hello, thank you for respond and I want to wish you Happy New Year.

My problem is variant A) GWD was not installed at all.

Just 2 seconds of PC activity, no window with instalation -  and then nothing more.

Jan

gnagna...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2015, 7:25:09 AM1/2/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
did U tried to install in adminitrator mode?
reboot your computer thent retry?
download the setup again?

gnagna...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2015, 7:59:41 AM1/2/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Then I have no idee!!
If it does work on other Windows, il may also be just a trouble with some windows update... But how to know??
Sorry!
Hope someone with a solution will post soon!
Have a good day anyway!

Sukhbir Kaur

Jan 2, 2015, 1:41:55 PM1/2/15
Hi Laura / Jan,

Can you please  try updating  video drivers  ? Some of the  users were able to   resolve  the   problem  when they updated video drivers . Please take a look the  forum issue  Link

Also try   downloading Chrome ? Let us know if you see the same grey screen on Chrome download page.

See this post for more details about troubleshooting

Thanks
Sukhbir
(GWD Team)

gnagna...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2015, 4:56:00 PM1/13/15
to gwd...@googlegroups.com
Video Drivers up to date (Video Integrated, no graphics board)
Chrome installed and up to date too
: Google Web Designer installed, starts but black screen

I just put a graphics board and IT WORKS!!!!

Intel Core Quad Q8200 (socket 775)
4 Go Memory
W7 Sp1 64 bits
1 280 x 1 024 or higher
All the conditions were ok but it seems that I needed a graphic card!

The case is resolved for me!

Thank you all for youy help!

Laura

atur...@gmail.com